There’s no doubt that having a business account on Instagram comes with a lot of benefits. Tempted by the perks, most of us end up converting our normal personal accounts into business ones. After some time, the realization hits like a bus: a business account isn’t as glamorous as it looks on the surface. Well, if this is truly the case with you, too, then knowing how to switch from business to personal account Instagram will be of help to you.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Switch From Business To Personal Account Instagram!
Learning how to turn off business account on Instagram is quite simple. Instagram gives you two different ways to switch from Instagram business to personal account in 2023. You can either do it using the app or the web version of Instagram. In both of these ways, you have to visit the Settings and Privacy section of your profile. But, from there, the steps are quite different for each of these, thanks to all the updates. For example, on an app, you will have to visit the Business section because that’s where the switch account type option is located.
Don’t worry, though. Although the steps are now different from what they used to be earlier, it is still quite easy to switch to personal account. Plus, this article will tell you how to switch from business to personal account Instagram in a lot of detail. So, don’t skip a single section!
How To Switch From Business To Personal Account Instagram Using The App?
If you use Instagram on your mobile, just like most people, then you can visit the Settings and Privacy section to switch back to a personal Instagram account from a business account. The steps are the same for both Android and iOS devices, and they are as follows:
- Open Instagram and log into your account
- Then, open your profile page by selecting your profile icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Once there, tap the three-line icon situated at the top right side of the page.
- Now, a menu will appear on the screen. From the menu, choose the “Settings and Privacy” option at the top.
- When the Settings and Privacy section opens, tap the “Business tools and controls” option under the “For professionals” heading.
- Towards the bottom of the “Business” section, you will find the “Switch account type” option. Tap on it.
- A small pop-up menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Choose the “Switch to personal account” option from here.
- A confirmation pop-up will show up on the screen telling you what will happen if you switch back to a personal account.
- Upon switching your account to personal, you will lose access to Insights. Plus, insights from the content you had shared previously, including ads, will be permanently and irreversibly removed from your account.
- If you’re okay with this happening, tap on “Switch to personal account” in red.
And, that’s it! Wait for a few seconds for Instagram to register the change in settings. You may close the app and restart it to see the change implemented.
How To Switch From Business To Personal Account Instagram Using The Web Version?
If you prefer using Instagram on a web browser, you can change your account type via the same. To know how to switch back to personal account on Instagram web, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Then, type Instagram.com. When the website opens, click on Log In.
- Next, you have to enter your username and password to log into your account.
- After you’re logged in, click on the three-line icon that represents ‘More’. It’s present in the vertical sidebar on the left.
- A small menu will show up next to it. Choose the “Settings” option from it.
- Now, the Settings section will open. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. On the left of the section, under the “Settings” heading, you will find the “Switch to personal account” option in blue. Click on it.
- On doing so, a pop-up titled “Switch to a personal account?” will appear in the center of the screen. It will tell you what happens when you switch back to a personal account. Once you’ve read it, click on the “Switch back” option in red.
And, done. Wait for it for Instagram to register the changes you’ve made. You can also reload the page to see the changes being implemented.
Why Can’t I Switch Back To Personal Account On Instagram?
There’s a good possibility that you’ve followed all the above-mentioned instructions and still cannot switch back to a personal account. Well, if so is the case, you can try following the below-mentioned troubleshooting hacks to fix the problem:
- If your Instagram and Facebook accounts are connected, then you will first have to disconnect them to change your account type.
- If you’re using an older version of Instagram, then first you should install the pending updates and then try again.
- If you’ve got active Instagram Ads or campaigns running, then you should first stop them and then try switching to a personal account again.
- If you have got your Instagram account connected to a Creator Studio, then you need to first give up access to it and then try again.
- It’s possible that there’s some problem with the Instagram app you’re using. So, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Instagram. Once done, follow the procedure again.
- Lastly, it’s possible that Instagram is facing some server problems. So, try waiting it out for 24 hours; Instagram’s server issues usually get resolved in that time.
And, that’s it for today’s post, everyone. I hope you all have learned how to switch from business to personal account Instagram. In this article, I walked you all through two different methods of switching to a personal account from a business one. So, you can follow whichever method suits you the best and turn off your creator account. Also, if you are unable to have a personal account even after following the above-mentioned steps, I’ve shared some troubleshooting tips that you can make use of to resolve the issue!