Snapchat gained popularity due to its disappearing chats and unsavable snaps. While you cannot generally save chats or snaps, you can save your images or videos manually. This is the memories feature of Snapchat. Today, I will tell you how to transfer Snapchat memories to a new account if needed.
Snapchat Memories allows users to check all the saved snaps and videos they have recorded since they installed the app. Even though users have the choice to delete certain content, if you change your phone, you can also export these videos to your phone gallery. However, you might not know how to transfer Snapchat memories to a new account. The question arises Can you transfer memories on Snapchat to another account? I am here to tell you everything I know about the matter. So let’s check out how to transfer Snapchat memories to a new account.
Table of Contents
Can You Transfer Snapchat Memories To A New Account? How To Transfer Memories From Snapchat To Another Account?
Snapchat is a social media behemoth and believes in privacy and secrecy over other things. This means that you have a lot of control over things on Snapchat. You can add people to private stories, block and hide chats and even remove people from groups. You might wonder whether I can transfer Snapchat memories to a new account. If you have been too busy making and saving memories, you should know what happens to them if you change accounts.
Whether you’re creating a new fake Snapchat account or your previous account got banned, there is no direct way to transfer memories from one Snapchat account to another. You will have to manually create an offline backup of all your Snapchat memories, export them to your saved files, and then manually upload each file from your new account.
It also doesn’t matter whether you have a Snapchat+ account since transferring memories isn’t a feature offered by Snapchat at all. Manually exporting and then uploading photos through the new account might sound tedious. And it is. But that is also the only way through which you have a shot at transferring any of your memories across Snapchat accounts. So, here’s how to transfer snap memories to a new account.
How To Transfer Snapchat Memories To A New Account? Do Snapchat Memories Transfer To New Phone!
If you’re changing phones but planning to keep the same Snapchat account, there is nothing to worry about. All your memories and info on Snapchat are uploaded to the cloud by default. That means you always have access to all your data online. When you lose your phone, you can always log in to your Snapchat account from an alternate or new phone. But it is an entirely different situation if you want to know how to transfer memories from Snapchat to another account.
Since all your memories will be uploaded to the cloud, you have easy and quick access to them all the time. If you have taken your content offline and want to transfer that to a new Snapchat account, that will be more time and resource intensive. If you have an extensive library of memories, you would want to know how to transfer Snapchat memories to a new account. If you are an avid Snapchat user, it’s safe to say you will have tons of GBs of data that you will need to sift through. So, can you transfer Snapchat memories to a new account? Well, let’s find out!
Save Memories To Camera Roll | Step 1 Of How To Transfer Snapchat Memories To A New Account
The first step in this process is to save your memories to your camera roll. You can either have this function on by default or back up your existing memories to your camera roll now. Either way, your main objective is to create an offline backup of all your Snapchat memories. But can you transfer Snapchat data to another account?
Cloud backup will not be usable if you make a new account since Snapchat will sync the cloud with your new account. So you need to begin with saving your memories to the camera roll. Before I discuss how to transfer snap memories to a new account, here’s how to save your memories to the cloud!
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone. The process is the same for both operating systems,
- You need to go to your profile. Do that by tapping on your profile avatar at the top left corner of the Snapchat home screen.
- From your profile, you need to go to the settings. Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner of your profile.
- From the Settings menu, scroll down till you see the option that says Memories.
- Scroll in the memories settings and look for the Save Button under the “Save destination” section of your memories.
- Tap the save button and select “Memories & Camera Roll” from the list of options available.
That’s it. Now all the photos you save on Snapchat will be saved to your camera roll. The snaps in your memories will not only be in your memories and cloud backup, but they will also be downloaded to your phone.
Before you learn to transfer Snapchat memories to a new account, you also need to keep other things in mind. Further – after saving your memories, you need to save your previously saved memories to the camera roll too. You can do that by simply going into your Snapchat memories.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- From the app’s home screen, tap on the Memories icon right next to the record button.
- A new window with all your saved photos and videos will come up. Tap and hold to highlight, and select all the memories you want to export.
- Alternatively, you can export all memories by tapping the Select All option at the top of each month.
- After selecting everything, click on the Export option, which you can see at the bottom of your screen. Then swipe to the right to click on Download.
Importing The Saved Memories To The New Account | Step 2 Of How To Transfer Snapchat Memories To A New Account
Now comes the hard part. Can I transfer my Snapchat memories to another account? But since you have saved previous memories to your camera roll, you can use your offline photos to upload and then save them to memories. To transfer Snapchat Memories to a new account, follow the steps mentioned below –
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android and sign in to your new account.
- To upload your memories, you need to go to your camera roll and choose the photo or video you want to upload.
- Hold onto the memory in the camera roll to select the video or picture.
- Then click on the Create icon at the bottom of your screen after selecting all files.
- Finally, click on the Save Story button from the Create Story Interface that comes up.
That’s it. You’re done! Now your photos from the camera roll will be saved in your memories. Further, you need to do this for every image you want to save to your memory in your new Snapchat account. So even though you can’t exclusively transfer Snapchat Memories to a new account, you can save them to your camera roll and access them from there. In such a case, the need to transfer Snapchat memories to a new account should not arise as you have all your data on your phone.
I hope now you know how to transfer Snapchat memories to a new account. If there is anything else Snapchat-related, please let me know. Just drop a comment below, and I will gladly help!
Are Snapchat Memories Linked To An Account?
Yes, photos saved in “My Eyes Only” and “Memories” are backed up to Snapchat and are only accessible from your Snapchat account.
Is There A Way To Merge Two Snapchat Accounts?
No, for security and other logistical reasons, Snapchat does not allow the transfer or merging of account data from one username to another.
Will I Have My Snapchat Memories On My New Phone?
Yes, if you have turned on sync on Snapchat, you can access all your saved memories no matter the device you log in to.