AirPods are no doubt an amazing product that Apple has to offer. But with all its amazing features, it also has its annoying ones. Has it ever happened that, while listening to a piece of astounding classical music or your favorite podcast, Siri, out of nowhere, interrupted by reading a text message that you received? If your answer is yes, we certainly have a solution. In this article, we’ll tell you How To Turn off AirPod Notifications?
Airpods are wireless Bluetooth headphones and provide premium sound quality. This particular Apple product is not exactly cheap; on the contrary, it is quite expensive. But after using it, you would know that the price was worth it. It was launched in the year 2016, and ever since then, it has become one of the most popular Apple accessories. Now, there has been a comparison of AirPods with Samsung’s Galaxy Buds and Sony’s WF-1000XM3 wireless earphones.
Well, if you ask us, we would say there is no point in comparing AirPods with any other wireless headphones. We are not saying that the other ones are ordinary, but we are saying that AirPods has impressive features along with the superior quality of sound that it provides. Now, let us show you how to turn off the AirPod notification feature, which could be quite annoying at times.
How To Turn Off AirPod Notifications? Follow These Simple Steps!
The AirPod notification feature is basically when you’re wearing them, and if you receive a text message or an alert from a specific app, then Siri reads out the message or informs you about the alert that you received. Now, this feature is quite remarkable and very helpful, only if you were expecting something.
Imagine this frequently happening, while you’re listening to your favorite podcast or an audiobook, and suddenly you get to hear Siri’s voice reading a notification or a message, which you could have seen later. But, no need to worry. There are ways to stop your AirPods from reading out incoming text messages and notifications.
Disable Announce Notification With Siri
Disabling Siri’s announcement notification will turn off the AirPod notifications as well. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same.
- Go to the Settings option on your iPhone and Tap on Notifications.
- Now, tap on Announce Notification. Over here, you’ll get three options or choices.
- You Can Turn It Off Entirely: The first option will be to disable the feature for every application on your device. Siri will stop reading out your messages and notifications once you turn off the Announce Notifications button.
- You Can Turn It Off Only For Your AirPods (or other Headphones): If you’re opting for this option, keep the top Announce Notifications turned on and only turn off the Headphones button. After doing this, Siri won’t read out any notifications or messages when your iPhone will be connected to the AirPods or any other earpiece. But, keep this in mind Siri will still read out messages, only if you’re using the CarPlay option.
- You Can Decide On A Per-App Basis: In this option, you can keep the top Announce Notifications button enabled, and then tap on the Apps Names under the Allow Notifications From, and decide accordingly if you wish to hear any notifications or messages from that app or not.
These are the simple steps you need to follow to stop AirPod Notifications.
Also, Read | Are AirTags Waterproof? Let’s Find The Truth!
Interesting Facts About Your Apple AirPods
We have curated a list of some of the interesting facts that you might not be aware of, about your Apple AirPods.
- You Can Talk To Siri: If you somehow happen to have the latest AirPods, then you can certainly talk to Siri through it. All you need to do is tap on the side of the AirPod and talk to Siri directly. As you know, convenience is everything, and Apple as a company surely understands that.
- Double Tap To Play Music: This is one interesting and really helpful feature that allows you to play or pause music with just two taps on any one of the AirPods, and that’s it. It is much quicker if you ask us than manually pulling out your phone from your pocket.
- Find Out Who’s Calling Without Looking At Your Phone: This feature of AirPods, while you’re wearing them, informs who is calling you. Siri tells you the person’s name when there is an incoming call, even without your glance at your phone. This is useful, especially when you’re in the middle of your daily exercise or jogging session. Once again, it is easier and more convenient than finding or taking out your phone from wherever it is.
- Pairing Your Airpods With Non-Apple Products: There is a misconception that AirPods can only be paired with an iOS device. But this is certainly not the truth. It is a fact that you cannot connect an iPhone to Windows unless you have the Bluetooth or USB option, but the AirPods are compatible and can be paired with almost any device. Be it Android or anything else.
- Connect Your AirPods To Apple TV: This is what we call the coolest feature of AirPods. Apple lets you connect your AirPods to the Apple TV for superior sound quality and pitch. And without forgetting the noise cancelation feature of your AirPod, watching a horror movie would be an amazing experience as the sound quality would be too good.
- Charge Your AirPods In 15 Minutes: Another unique and useful feature of AirPods is that you can fully charge it within 15 minutes.
So, now you know exactly how to turn off your AirPod notifications. The above-mentioned are all the vital steps that you need to follow in order to turn off the AirPod notifications. As additional information, we have listed some interesting and amazing facts about the Apple AirPods that you might not have known. If you liked reading the article, then do let us know.