I love watching Instagram stories especially when they have a weather sticker. What about you? Yes, I know you also enjoy watching them but not always I guess. And That’s why you have landed on this article to get a solution to how to turn off story notifications on Instagram. Here’s a comprehensive guide for you on the same!
Since its inception, Instagram has been surprising its users with features like the new Instagram web interface. But Instagram stories have also been a highlight of the social media platform for the past few years. This does not mean that all users like watching stories. That’s why some look for an answer to how to turn off story notifications on Instagram. If you are one of those, keep reading the article!
If you are ready to take the final call, here are the details for you. Note down how to turn off story notifications on Instagram!
How To Turn Off Story Notifications On Instagram? Learn Easy Tricks Here!
If you are no longer interested in watching Instagram stories with captions, here’s a trick to get rid of them. Let’s start learning how to turn off story notifications on Instagram!
How To Turn Off Story Notifications On Instagram On Phone?
Just like you can turn off seen receipts, you can turn off story notifications on Instagram. Here’s how you can do it with the help of a few clicks:
- Start by launching the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Now, click on your avatar located at the bottom of your screen.
- Up next, click on the three horizontal lines that will take you to the management section.
- Next, go to the settings by going to the dropdown menu.
- After this, go to the notifications.
- Now, it’s time to click on ‘Post, Stories, and Comments’ from the submenu.
- Then, scroll down a little to click on the ‘Off’ button in front of ‘First posts and stories’.
After executing all the steps, you won’t be seeing story notifications on Instagram.
How To Turn Off Story Notifications On Instagram Using A Web Browser?
Is it possible to turn off story notifications on Instagram using a web browser? Well, when you can turn off likes, it’s possible to turn off story notifications as well. Here’s how you can do it.
- First of all, sign in to your Instagram account with the help of your credentials.
- Now, go to your profile picture on the top of your screen.
- Now, a menu will pop up in front of you. There you need to click on settings.
- Up next, tap on Push Notifications and you’ll be taken to a new page where you can manage likes, requests, comments, stories, and many more.
- Next, you need to click on the ‘Off’ button located next to the stories button.
That’s it, your task is done and you won’t see story notifications anymore.
How To Turn Off Story Notifications On Instagram For A Specific User?
Not all Instagram users post something informative on stories so that you can save those stories, some have a habit of posting useless content. What to do in such a situation? It’s better to turn off story notifications for that specific user! Check out these steps to do it:
- Open the Instagram app and go to the profile of the user.
- Now, click on the bell-shaped icon on the top of the screen.
- Up next, click on the button located next to “Stories”.
Here’s another way to turn off story notifications on Instagram for a specific user.
- Click on any of the recent stories of the user.
- Now, click on the three horizontal lines at the top of the screen.
- After this, click on the “Turn on story notifications” option.
How To Turn Off Story Notifications On Instagram For A Specific User On Instagram TV App?
If you are using the Instagram TV app, these are the steps you need to follow to turn off Instagram story notifications for a specific user.
- Type the name of the user in the search tab and go to his profile.
- Next, click on ‘following’.
- After this, click on the toggle next to ‘Stories’.
That’s it, you won’t receive story notifications from the user from now onwards.
By now, all Instagram users must have thoroughly read about how to turn off story notifications on Instagram. In case you feel doubt or query for any step, feel free to drop us a line. Until you get an answer to your question, you can use your precious time reading our other latest articles.
Don’t forget to check our informative articles on how to block ads on Instagram and how to make a backup account on Instagram. Read them today!
How To Stop Getting Notifications From Someone’s Story?
If you don’t want to get notifications of someone’s story, you can either block the user, unfollow him, or can even report the story.
Why Does Instagram Tell Me When Someone Adds Me To Their Story?
It’s a built-in feature on Instagram but you can turn it off whenever you wish to.
Why Do I Get Instagram Story Notifications But Nothing Is There?
Well, if you are getting notifications and unable to see the story, there are a few reasons behind it. First, check whether your phone is connected to the internet. Second, check whether the story is public or not.
How Do I Turn On Post Notifications On Instagram?
If you wish to get notifications for posts, you need to perform the following steps:
Click on the profile page and click on the gear icon.
After this, go to the settings and click on ‘Post notification’.
Up next, you can choose for whose post you would like to receive notifications.
Why Am I Not Getting Stories On Instagram?
If you are not getting stories on Instagram, then you should check whether you have more than 100 followers.
How To Fix My Instagram Notifications On My iPhone?
If you are unable to fix Instagram notifications on your iPhone, you should turn off all notifications for Instagram. Also, it’s better to selectively turn off notifications for some posts.