A wise and seasoned Instagram stalker once said, “don’t just check her posts, check what she’s tagged in.” And he was right, there is so much more to Instagram than photos you choose to post. It’s the ones your friends’ post of you and tag you in. So it’s essential to know how to hide and how to unhide tagged photos on Instagram!
While we spend countless hours meticulously planning our Instagram feed to look aesthetic, we don’t give two thoughts about the tagged pictures. That’s because no one cares about the tagged pictures, right? Wrong! You couldn’t be more wrong even if you tried! Real Instagram veterans know how important it is to clean up the tagged pictures in their profiles.
So how do you hide and how to unhide tagged photos on Instagram? You can simply hide the pictures from your profile by clicking on each picture and removing yourself from it. To unhide the tagged pictures, you can go to the original pictures and choose the option to show on your profile. You can either individually remember the picture and then choose to unhide them or simply find them in your profile.
If all this seems arduous to do, then don’t worry, I’ll help you through it. It’s not as big of a deal once you get the hang of it. If anything else, it’s as easy as adding captions to your Instagram stories. So let’s jump straight into the nitty-gritty.
How To Unhide Tagged Photos On Instagram | The Process Laid Out For You
There can be several reasons why you might want to hide or unhide tagged photos on Instagram. To each their own, but while the problems are diverse, the solution is common to all. Before we learn how to undo something, let’s learn how to do it in the first place. If you’re well versed with Instagram and how it works, skip to the next section. Those who want to know more, read on.
Also, Read | How To Find Out Who Owns An Instagram Account | 3 Amazing Apps You Can Use!
Hiding Pictures On Instagram Directly From Your Profile | How To Unhide Tagged Photos On Instagram?
Instagram gives you access to all the photos you are tagged in the right on your profile. To know who and how many people have tagged, you just go through the images, and you will get to see for yourself. When you remove the tag, the picture of your profile will remove from your profile, but the original picture will remain as it is. To hide pictures on Instagram –
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
- In the app, tap on your avatar at the bottom right of the screen to go to your profile.
- In your profile, click on the tab that shows tags. That is usually the third tab from the left.
- Choose the picture which you want to hide from your profile.
- After you open the image, tap on the three-dot menu on the top right of the image. A list of options will open.
- From the options, choose ‘Hide From My Profile.’
This will remove the post from your profile, but you will still be in the tags. So when someone goes on the original post and clicks on the tags, they will be able to see your profile. If you want to completely remove any access to your profile, you need to remove the tags.
To remove your tag from the tagged pictures on Instagram, follow the steps mentioned above. Up until you open the tagged picture and click on the three-dot menu. This time, from the list of options, choose to Remove Me From The Post. The posts will be removed from the tagged section in your profile as well as your profile tag will be removed from the original picture.
Also, Read | #1 Way You Need To Know How To Check Who Reposted A Post On Instagram!
How To Unhide Tagged Photos On Instagram? A Step By Step Guide
If you change your mind and want to display the tagged pictures back on your profile, then there are two things you can do. First is, if you removed the tag from the Instagram post, then ask the original owner of the image to tag you again. In the second scenario, where you only hid the picture from your profile, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open Instagram on your iPhone or Android.
- Click on your profile picture, so you end up on your profile.
- Once in your profile, tap on the menu option on the top right of the screen. A list of new options will open.
- Tap on the Settings option. A new window will open.
- In the Settings option, tap on Privacy. Another window will open.
- Scroll through until you find the option which says Tags and click on it. In the new window, you will see the pending photo tags your profile currently has. There will also be all the photos in which you have been tagged.
- Select the photo which you want to unhide.
- With the photo chosen, click on the three-dot menu on the top right of the photo.
- From the list of options, choose Show On My Profile.
And that’s it, you’re done! You can check your tagged pictures to see if the photo has reappeared. Then again, if this feels like a long process to do, then simply remember the original picture. Search for the image, click on the three dots again and select Show On My Profile. You choose which one feels best to you. We feel the latter option might be easy to do if you have a few hidden photos to unhide. But when there are a lot of pictures, it will be easy to lose track of them.
Also, Read | How To Add Captions To Instagram Stories? As Easy As You Like It!
We hope now you know how to unhide tagged photos on Instagram! Our parting suggestion is not to take social media seriously, so if there is an unflattering picture of you, let it be. No one cares about you, as you might think. Don’t take yourself so seriously, and have fun as much as possible. If there isn’t something seriously wrong with your pictures, don’t bother with the hide and unhide game. It’s not really worth it. If Instagram feels too much to take, we suggest permanently deleting your Instagram account.