Are you facing an issue with a new update on Snapchat or simply don’t like the new Snapchat interface? Then you may want to learn how to uninstall an update on Snapchat. There are many reasons that Snapchat users want to get rid of Snapchat updates. Some of the updates are cool while a few new updates are so frustrating to the users. So, if you are happy with Snapchat’s present features, then you may don’t want any new updates. Read till the end to find out how to uninstall Snapchat update on android.
Not only Snapchat, but all the social media platforms release new updates every few months once to give the best experience to the users. But some of the updates don’t work well as they are only experimental with the users. This is why many users prefer to get back their old version of the application. When it comes to new updates, even the features that people highly prefer may disappear. This would be highly dissatisfying for the users.
So, if you don’t like the new update on Snapchat which has changed the layout and all the vital features. If you find any difficulties with the new updates, then you need to know how to uninstall Snapchat update on android. Continue reading to learn the steps and bring back your favorite old version of Snapchat on your device.
How To Uninstall Snapchat Update On Android? Follow The Guidelines!
If you have recently updated Snapchat, and if it is causing any issues or missing out on your cool filters or stickers, then you have a few methods to roll back to your previous version. It is possible that you can undo the new Snapchat update and can get back the older version. Below is the step-by-step procedure that you need to know on how to uninstall Snapchat update on android.
Step 1: Backup Up Your Snapchat Account | How To Uninstall An Update On Snapchat?
Snapchat has an automatic feature to back up all your content like snaps, and saved stories. But still, you need to make sure that all the data are backed up properly. Because you’re going to uninstall and reinstall the application, you need to be careful so that you don’t lose your data on Snapchat. Here are the steps that you need to learn to back up the missed-out snaps on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat application and log in with your details.
- Now, you will be on the camera screen, and to get the memories folder on Snapchat swipe up.
- If you find any of the snap that is not backed up, then it will show an arrowed circle.
- Now, according to your settings you have to connect to an internet connection or Wi-Fi to backup the snaps automatically.
Step 2: Uninstall The Snapchat Application
Now, you need to uninstall the Snapchat application. If you want to get your old version back and use the Snapchat application without any issues, then you need to uninstall the newly updated application. Follow the steps on how to uninstall Snapchat update on android.
- Long press the Snapchat icon on your device and hold for a few minutes
- You’ll get a few options and choose Uninstall.
- A pop-up message will ask for your confirmation, so tap ok to uninstall the application.
Step 3: Turn Off The Auto-Updates Option On Google Play Store
If the auto-update is enabled on the Google play store, then it will automatically update the newer version without even asking for your permission. This is why you need to control the auto-update feature on the Google Play Store. Make sure you disable the Automatic-updates feature before you install a Snapchat application. Take up a look at the below steps to disable to auto-updates option.
- Open Google Play Store and click on your profile at the top-right corner of the screen.
- You will get a list of options and choose settings from the menu.
- On the settings page, choose the General option to find the auto-updates option.
- Tap on auto-updated options, and from the list of options choose Don’t Auto-Update apps or uncheck the auto-update option.
Step 4: Install The Older Version Of Snapchat
On the play store, you could find only the new version of Snapchat. So, if you want to download the previous version, then you need to download the Android Application Package (APK). For this, you need to remember the name of the version that you’re using. Find a reliable online source to download the APK file on the device. By following the below steps, you could easily install the previous version.
- Visit the legitimate website where you can download the APK file.
- On the search bar, type Snapchat to find the application.
- You will find all the older versions of Snapchat on the screen. Choose the one that you want to reinstall and use it on your device.
- Once you find the version, then click on the Download icon and within a few steps, you will get the application on your device.
- Now, allow permission to install the Snapchat application on your device.
So, Snapchatters! I hope the above guidelines on how to uninstall Snapchat update on android is helpful for you to get rid of annoying new updates. You need to follow the procedure properly to get your older version back. Hurry up to get your favorite previous Snapchat version.
If this content interests you, then you need to find other hacks like how to hide someone without blocking and how to find removed friends on Snapchat. To use Snapchat effectively, read out the articles related to Snapchat on Viebly.
If I Remove The App, Does My Snapchat Account Get Deleted?
Your account won’t be removed. With the same login information, you can access your account from any gadget.
What If I Want To Download A Previous Version Of Snapchat For My iPhone?
Only after jailbreaking their device can iPhone users install an earlier version. Although this is legal, Apple does not advise it because it could damage your phone.
Can The Snapchat Update Be Downgraded?
If the new Snapchat version is incompatible with your device or you choose the older Snapchat features, you can downgrade Snapchat.