If you’ve been using Snapchat for the past few years, you will have noticed the addition of subscriptions. The discover tab of your profile now has stories from people you choose to subscribe to as well as other content from dedicated pages. Today we will tell you how to unsubscribe on Snapchat so that you can get rid of the things you don’t want to see anymore.
Social media isn’t really social all the time. Sometimes you can get annoyed by things you found amusing once. It’s normal. Sometimes we need to hide a conversation on Snapchat or mute a group conversation. Thankfully you can do the same for subscriptions too. Though you can’t mute the subscriptions, you can simply get rid of them.
So, how to unsubscribe on Snapchat? There are two ways to do that. One is to simply choose the person or page you want to unsubscribe to. Then long press on their name and toggle the subscribe option to off. The second method involves you going to your subscriptions page. Manage your subscription by removing the ones you don’t like to follow anymore. This is a much easier and more comprehensive way to do it.
It is possible to block people on Snapchat or kick them out of groups, but that’s not always the way to go. When you’re following way too many pages, channels, and influencers, things can soon get out of control. Now you either have to declutter and unfollow them one by one, or you simply do it through your subscription settings. Either way, it’s nice to know you have a way to do it.
How To Unsubscribe On Snapchat? Everything You Need To Know!
When Snapchat keeps on sending you too many notifications, you might consider deleting your Snapchat altogether. But don’t let things get out of hand like that. Simply read on to find out how to unsubscribe on Snapchat. Giving you much-needed peace and tranquility you need. To ensure you don’t see the posts or stories of pages and people anymore, try out the two unsubscribe methods. One will help you micromanage your subscriptions one by one, and the second one will help you do it at large.
How To Unsubscribe On Snapchat with Method 1 | Snapchat Discover Section
If you are used to following popular influencers or have people in your list that use Snapchat +, then you will see a lot of subscribe buttons. When you subscribe to these influencers and Snapchat creators, not only will you get access to their content but to a lot more. You will also get notifications when they update their stories and post other stuff. Simply unsubscribe to them by following the steps below.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone. The steps work the same on both operating systems.
- From the main screen swipe right to left to go to your Discover tab. There you will see the stories and updates from people and pages you follow.
- Go to the story that you want to unsubscribe from.
- Tap and hold the story to see a new pop-up on your screen.
- From the list of options, look for the Subscribe option and toggle the switch to the off position.
That’s it, you’re done! You have not successfully unsubscribed from the person or page in question. You will not see their updates on your feed anymore. If you unsubscribed from a person then you will also stop receiving any notification of when they post content.
How To Unsubscribe On Snapchat with Method 2 | Snapchat Subscriptions Page
Going to the discover page and individually unsubscribing from people and pages is easy only when there are a few people/pages to unsubscribe from. When you’ve followed hundreds of pages and people, you need a quick and easy way. To know how to unsubscribe on Snapchat when there are tons of pages in your discover feed, you need to go to the subscriptions page.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android. Like the previous method, this method also works both on iOS and Android.
- Go to the discover people tab either by tapping on the icon at the bottom of the screen. Or you can simply swipe from right to left.
- Instead of tapping on an individual story, you can simply tap on the three buttons in the top right corner of your screen.
- From the new pop-up, select the ‘Manage Subscription and Notifications” option.
- You will see a list of pages and people you follow and are subscribed to.
- Click on the username of the pages and people from the list, which will reveal a new list of options. Tap on the option that says “subscribed”. This will unsubscribe you from the page/person.
- Tap on “Okay” to confirm and you’re done. Do the same for all other pages and people you want to unsubscribe from the list as you please.
That’s it, this is how to unsubscribe on Snapchat when you have followed too many people. Don’t worry, the people or pages you unsubscribe from will not receive any notification that you did so. You can unsubscribe from them in peace!
It’s not just YouTube that gives you the option to subscribe and unsubscribe anymore. With Snapchat’s discover feature giving you the ability to follow a wide variety of topics, luckily unsubscribing to them is just as easy. With this article, now you know how to unsubscribe on Snapchat. If there is anything else you would like help with, feel free to drop a comment below. We would love to help you out, the best we can!
Why can’t I unsubscribe from Snapchat?
Snapchat allows its users to unsubscribe from stories of people and pages. There is usually no bar on unsubscribing from the service if you feel that it’s not for you.
What happens when you unsubscribe from Snapchat?
When you unsubscribe from someone on Snapchat, you can no longer view their content. They will stop appearing on your discover page and if you have set notifications for them, you will stop receiving those updates as well. If the creator is small in size and has a new account, they might realize that you have unsubscribed from them when they don’t see your name on who viewed their story. So if it’s your friend, then you should not unsubscribe from them.
Why am I subscribed to a friend on Snapchat?
When your friends get a subscription option, all of their friends (you) are automatically turned into subscribers by Snapchat. That is done so that those people don’t have to start from zero subscribers even though they have friends!