Who said that you can only use Instagram on your phone or your PC? Because hey, you can use it on your Apple Watch as well! This means you won’t ever have to go any damn minute without scrolling through your feed. But for this to happen, you will need to know how to use Instagram on Apple Watch. And well, it’s not going to be as straightforward as you might want it to be. However, this article will simplify the whole process for you. So, make sure to read it till the end!
Here’s How To Use Instagram On Apple Watch | Try These 2 Quick & Smart Ways!
Above, I said that the process is not going to be as straightforward as you’d like it to be. And well, this is because there’s no Instagram app for the watch in the app store. This means you won’t just be able to download the app to your watch, log into your account, and start scrolling. However, there are some workarounds that you can make use of to be able to use Instagram on your phone.
For example, you can install apps like Lens for Watch or, you can access the website using iMessage on your watch. To know how to use Instagram on Apple Watch using these workarounds, make sure not to skip any section of this post.
How To Use Instagram On Apple Watch Via The Lens App?
The first workaround you can try to access Instagram on your Apple Watch is to use the Lens app. But, before you proceed any further, ensure that your iPhone is paired with your Apple Watch. Once that’s done, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Search for “Lens for watch” and install the app. Although it is free to use, there are some features that are only available with the Pro version.
- Open the app once the installation process is complete.
- Enter your Apple ID and password if asked.
- Then, tap “Login to Instagram”.
- Enter your login credentials to access your account and then, tap on ”Log In”. Once you’re logged in, the Lens account screen will open.
- Then, go to your Apple watch and press the Digital Crown to access the apps’ section.
- Then, look for the “Lens” app and launch it.
- If you want to see your Instagram feed, tap Home.
- To like a post, tap the Heart icon.
- If you want to read comments under a post, tap the speech bubble icon.
- If you want to add a comment, then tap the speech bubble icon, then scroll down, and tap “Add a Comment”. However, please note that you can only add a comment if you have the Lens Pro feature.
- To go back to the previous screen, tap the arrow located at the top left.
- Now, if you want to watch other people’s stories, tap Stories located below Home. However, Stories again are a pro feature. And if you’re using the free version of the Lens App, you will have to upgrade it.
- If you want to see your notifications, tap on Activity with a heart icon. Here, you will see notifications about new followers, comments, etc.
- If you want to go to your Explore page, tap on Explore. It’s present below Activity. But, it is only available with the Pro version.
- To read your DMs, tap on Messages.
- To go to your profile section, tap the Profile option.
- If you want to look for an Instagram user or some hashtag, tap on Search. You can either type the person’s username using the Flick keyboard, or you can use the microphone to use voice typing.
How To Use Instagram On Apple Watch Via The iMessage App?
A very simple hack to use Instagram on your Apple Watch is to use the iMessage service. Sounds weird? Well, follow these steps to know how it is done:
- Open the iMessage app on your iPhone.
- Then, tap “Create a new message” and enter your own phone number to start a conversation with yourself.
- Then, send yourself the Instagram webpage. (You only have to type the web address- Instagram.com).
- Now, go to the iMessage app on your watch.
- Open the chat you just created with yourself.
- Tap the link you sent to yourself.
- Now, the Instagram webpage will open on your watch.
- Log in to your account by entering your username and password.
And, that’s it! Once logged in, you will be able to use every single feature available on the web version of Instagram!
Alright, then! This is how to use Instagram on Apple Watch! In this article, I walked you through two different workarounds for using Instagram on your watch! So, you can use whichever method that works best for you and resume your scrolling! The steps mentioned above are relatively easy to follow. But, in case you have got any doubts or if there’s something else you’d like to clarify, please feel free to mention it in the comments!
Why doesn’t the Apple Watch have Instagram?
The Apple Watch doesn’t have Instagram because Meta, the owner of Instagram, has restricted the usage and accessibility of the app on Apple Watches. So, even if you have the Instagram app installed on your iPhone, you will still not be able to see your IG feed.
Why can’t I download Instagram on Apple?
If you can’t download Instagram on Apple, it can be because of several reasons. For example, poor internet connection, low storage space on your phone, some bug or glitch, improper iPhone settings, or even some restriction that you may not remember setting.
What app can I use for Instagram on Apple Watch?
You can use the Lens for Watch app to use Instagram on your Apple Watch. This app will help you do everything that you can only do on your phone, for example, liking posts, commenting, replying to messages, etc. However, please note that some features are only available with the Pro version which costs $1.99.