Instagram has a lot of features like reshares that allow users to reach a broader audience with the help of their followers. The reshare feature on the social media app allows viewers to help share content by their favorite creators on their IG stories. But if you are an Instagram creator, you might want to know how to view story reshares on Instagram, so that you can keep a tab of your account insights.
The app Instagram has made it easy for viewers to share posts by other creators in the form of IG story reshares. But do you know how to view story reshares on Instagram? Do you know that Instagram also removed the feature for some time to check the impact of story reshares on the creator accounts? Instagram story reshares are a good way of getting your posts promoted without any fees.
So if you want to know how to view story reshares on Instagram you have come to the right place. We will be exploring all methods on how to view story reshares on Instagram so that you can check who has shared your posts to their account.
View Story Reshares On Instagram!
Here are the steps on how to view story reshares on Instagram so that you can check how well your post is doing. You can also find out how to save IG stories and how to add captions to IG stories if you want to learn more about interesting IG features.
But for now, let’s take a look at these methods n how to view story reshares on Instagram.
How To View Story Reshares On Instagram Through Hashtags?
If you are wondering how to view story reshares on Instagram, you must know that the first way to do so is with the help of Instagram Hashtags. So here are steps on how to view story reshares on Instagram with the help of hashtags.
- Open Instagram on your phone, and go to the profile section of your IG account.
- Once you are on your Profile, find the posts whose story reshares you want to check.
- Find the hashtag in the caption of the post that you have posted.
- Tap on any of the hashtags that you have added to your posts.
- Once you are on the hashtag page, tap on the Recent tab.
- You can see the current reshared posts under the Recent tab, and if you tap on the stories you will be able to see all the story reshares under that hashtag.
How To View Story Reshares On Instagram Through Insights?
What if you have used no hashtags in your post caption? Well, you can know how to view story reshares on Instagram with the help of another IG feature called Insights. IG Insights is available only for business accounts, so to know how to view story reshares on Instagram through insights you should have a business account.
Here are the steps on how to view story reshares on Instagram with the help of your account Insights.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone, and go to the profile section.
- Find the posts whose story reshares you want to check.
- You can then tap on the View Insights option provided below the posts.
- Tap on the Share icon in Insights to check how many people have shared your posts.
- Similarly, if you want to check reshares on your IG story, you can swipe up on your IG story.
- Tap on the Insight icon on the left side of the screen.
- You will be able to see how many people have shared your story on their accounts.
How To View Story Reshares On Instagram?
The steps on how to view story reshares on Instagram through hashtags and insights are quite simple. But if you want to know how to view story reshares on Instagram easily, you can follow these steps on how to view story reshares on Instagram.
- Go to your Instagram profile after opening the Instagram app.
- Once you are on your profile find the post whose reshares you want to check.
- After viewing the posts, find the three dots on top of the post and tap on them.
- Now select the View Story Reshares option from the given options of the post.
- You will be able to see who has reshared your posts.
If you use the steps mentioned above on how to view story reshares on Instagram, you must keep in mind that it will only show the stories shared in the last 24 hours. Similarly, if no one has reshared your post then you will not be able to see the View Story Reshares option as well.
This was all about how to view story reshares on Instagram so that you can check how many people have shared your IG posts to their accounts. You can also learn how to turn off notifications for IG reels and how to revert to old Instagram with us.
If you want to find answers to queries like changing people’s names in DMs and viewing hidden hashtags on IG you can check out more reads by us. Stay tuned with us for more informative reads about all your Instagram-related questions.
Where are current public Reshares on Instagram?
If you want to see the reshares of any IG post of yours you can do that. To check your post reshares simply tap on the three dots above the post and tap on the View Story Reshares option. However, if no one has reshared your posts then that option will not be available.
Did Instagram get rid of sharing stories?
Instagram removed the sharing story option for some time to check how much it affected the post algorithms. However, the feature is back again for users to reshare posts to their stories.
Did Instagram Remove story shares?
Yes, Instagram did remove story reshares as a way to test how the feature impacted the engagement of accounts. But after some time the feature was reinstated back on the app. So as of right now, you can share your own as well as others’ posts to your stories.
Why can’t I see who shared my story?
Instagram only allows people with business accounts to check who has shared their posts to their stories. However, other accounts can not check if someone has reshared their posts to their story. Similarly, users can not check who has reshared their stories as long as they are not tagged in the story.
How can I see who shared my Instagram post?
If you want to check who has shared your posts on Instagram stories you can go to your profile. After that find the posts whose reshares you want to check. You can then find story reshares by tapping on the three dots on the top of the posts.
Can You See story Reshares after 24 hours?
No, users are not allowed to see story reshares after 24 hours. Since Instagram stories are removed after 24 hours, even the original owner of the posts can not check whether someone reshared their posts on a story after the story has expired.