If you’re a content creator on Instagram, I’m sure you know that there’s no greater pleasure than finding out that someone has shared a post or reel of yours. Right? Because that’s peak validation right there. Plus, the lords of Instagram really like it when your posts get shared by people on their stories. But, who are these generous people? You should thank them for their kindness, right? And well, to do that, you need to know how to view story reshares on Instagram.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To View Story Reshares On Instagram | 4 Hacks To See Instagram Current Public Reshares!
Instagram does let users have some privacy and anonymity while they use the platform. For example, you can’t find out who sees your profile or reels. But, Instagram will notify you if someone interacts with your posts or reshares them on their account. Conveniently enough, there are various ways you can use to know how to see current public reshares on Instagram. For example, you can make use of hashtags, your Instagram Insights, the dedicated ‘View Story Reshares’ option, and also your Activity Center.
Now, if you want to know how to view story reshares on Instagram using these methods in detail, then make sure not to skip a single section of this post!
How To View Story Reshares On Instagram Through Hashtags?
The first way to do so is with the help of Instagram Hashtags. Quite surprising, right? But hey, it works!
So, if you want to know how to see reshares on Instagram using hashtags, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram on your phone, and go to the profile section of your IG account.
- Once you are on your Profile, find the posts whose story reshares you want to check.
- Find the hashtag in the caption of the post that you have posted.
- Tap on any of the hashtags that you have added to your posts.
- Once you are on the hashtag page, tap on the Recent tab.
- You can see the current reshared posts under the Recent tab, and if you tap on the stories you will be able to see all the story reshares under that hashtag.
How To View Story Reshares On Instagram Through Insights?
What if you have used no hashtags in your post caption? Well, you can know how to view story reshares on Instagram with the help of another IG feature called Insights. IG Insights is available only for business accounts, so to know how to view story reshares on Instagram through insights you should have a business account.
Now, if you already have a business account, follow the below-mentioned steps to know how to see story reshares on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone, and go to the profile section.
- Find the posts whose story reshares you want to check.
- You can then tap on the View Insights option provided below the posts.
- Tap on the Share icon in Insights to check how many people have shared your posts.
- Similarly, if you want to check reshares on your IG story, you can swipe up on your IG story.
- Tap on the Insight icon on the left side of the screen.
- You will be able to see how many people have shared your story on their accounts.
How To View Story Reshares On Instagram Using The Direct Feature?
As mentioned above, Instagram also has a dedicated feature to view current story reshares of your posts. And that’s why, this has to be the most straightforward method of all out there. So, to know who has shared your posts on their stories with this option, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile after opening the Instagram app.
- Once you are on your profile find the post whose reshares you want to check.
- After viewing the posts, tap the three dots on top of the post.
- Now select the View Story Reshares option from the given options of the post.
- On the next screen, you will be able to see all the stories that feature a reshare of your post.
If you use the steps mentioned above on how to view story reshares on Instagram, you must keep in mind that it will only show the stories shared in the last 24 hours. Similarly, if no one has reshared your post then you will have View Story Reshares not showing.
How To View Story Reshares On Instagram Using The Activity Centre?
Another direct way of seeing who has shared your post on their stories in the past 24 hours is by going to the Activity Centre of your profile. To use this method, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Instagram
- Tap the heart icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Right at the top of all notifications, you will have the Story Reshares option. Tap on it.
- Now, you will be able to see all the stories that contain a reshare of your post.
Again, please note that this feature will only work if your post has been shared within 24 hours.
Okay, everyone! This is how to view story reshares on Instagram! In this article, I walked you three four easy ways using which you can see who likes your content so much that they resharedit on their stories! And once you know who they are, you can thank them for their support and kindness! So, go, and follow any of the above-mentioned methods to find out! Also, in case there’s someone you know who too might benefit from learning how to check story reshares on Instagram, please share this article with them!
Where are current public Reshares on Instagram?
If you want to see the reshares of any IG post of yours you can do that. To check your post reshares simply tap on the three dots above the post and tap on the View Story Reshares option. However, if no one has reshared your posts then that option will not be available.
Did Instagram get rid of sharing stories?
Instagram removed the sharing story option for some time to check how much it affected the post algorithms. However, the feature is back again for users to reshare posts to their stories.
Did Instagram Remove story shares?
Yes, Instagram did remove story reshares as a way to test how the feature impacted the engagement of accounts. But after some time the feature was reinstated back on the app. So as of right now, you can share your own as well as others’ posts to your stories.
Why can’t I see who shared my story?
Instagram only allows people with business accounts to check who has shared their posts to their stories. However, other accounts can not check if someone has reshared their posts to their story. Similarly, users can not check who has reshared their stories as long as they are not tagged in the story.
How can I see who shared my Instagram post?
If you want to check who has shared your posts on Instagram stories you can go to your profile. After that find the posts whose reshares you want to check. You can then find story reshares by tapping on the three dots on the top of the posts.
Can You See story Reshares after 24 hours?
No, users are not allowed to see story reshares after 24 hours. Since Instagram stories are removed after 24 hours, even the original owner of the posts can not check whether someone reshared their posts on a story after the story has expired.