Since the beginning of 2021, many users have complained that their Instagram music feature isn’t working. The feature was released back in 2018 and allowed users to add the trending tracks to their stories.
There are over 1 billion active Instagram users, and more than 500 million users upload stories every day. The feature has become extremely popular among the users, and Instagram is constantly bringing more tools that will add more creativity to our stories. The recent feature launched by the social media platform is Instagram music that offers a whole new level of experience and relatability with the story.
If your Instagram music feature has been giving you trouble for the past few weeks, it can be because you are using a business account. But if you have a regular account or a creator account and cannot access the music library, we have a few solutions that will help you.
You will find everything in this article from understanding how Instagram music works and how you can resolve the errors along with a step-by-step guide on how to use the music feature(if you haven’t before)
Reasons Why Instagram Music Isn’t Working & How to Fix It?
Many accounts around the globe are complaining about their Instagram music feature acting weird. Here we have curated a list of multiple reasons for which your music library might not be working. Identify your reason and know how you can fix it with our step-by-by step guides.
How to Fix Instagram Music Feature for Business Accounts?
Mostly the complaints received are from business account holders across the globe. The reason behind it can be the country that you are living in. According to Instagram rules, if you have a business account, you cannot access the music feature in that country as each follows a different set of rules.
You will have to change your business profile into a creator profile or regular profile to access Instagram music. Although the creator profile and business profile have almost similar options, so you won’t be seeing much of a difference. The best option is to change your profile type into regular. You can do that by following the simple steps below:
- Open the app on your device.
- Click on your profile icon at the bottom right corner
- Next, open the settings and click on Account
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Switch account type
After following these steps, you should be able to use the music feature. But for some reason, if you still cannot use the feature, look for a solution in the next section.
How to Fix Instagram Music for Any Account?
We know how frustrating it can be when you face an issue when all of a sudden, your favorite feature of the app stops working. Here are a few steps that you can follow to fix the Instagram music error on your account.
- First things first, try updating your Instagram app. The main you are not able to use the feature can be that you are using an old version of the application
- If your Instagram app is updated, try logging out and then log back in to check if the feature is working
- If the above step does not work, try reinstalling the app
- Try switching to a different account
- Try using Instagram music with VPN if any of the above steps do not work
- If the issue is still not resolved, try contacting the Instagram Support Team.
How to Use Instagram Music Feature?
Using the music feature, not Instagram, is as easy as adding any other sticker, poll, or gif to your stories. Below we have created an easy guide that you can follow to use the feature easily. Before you get to the guide, make sure that you are using the latest version of the app and if you aren’t, update the app before following these steps.
- Open the Instagram app on your device and login into your account
- Click on the camera icon at the top left corner or click on the + icon right next to your profile picture
- Choose any picture or video that you want to upload as your story
- Next, open the sticker collection and then select the music sticker present there
- Select any song that you want to play in your story
- Additionally, you can also search for a song name from the music library using the search bar
- Preview the piece and cut the section that you want to keep on your picture
- Drag the music box over your image, give everything a final review and click on Add to Your Story
See, adding music to your story is not that complicated. Follow the simple steps and add your lyrics to the pictures before uploading them.
We hope that with this article, your Instagram Music feature error will finally resolve, and you will be able to access the feature without any problem. Do let us know if these solutions worked for you in the comments section below. Stay tuned for more new fresh content coming just for you. Stay Safe.
Feature Image Credits: PCMag