Spanish is a great language to know if you live in the United States or plan on traveling to any of the 21 locations in which it’s an official language. Knowing Spanish can help you better communicate with neighbors and colleagues, help you when you travel internationally, and open up career opportunities. One of the most effective and quickest ways to learn Spanish is with an online Spanish tutor.
When you learn Spanish with an online tutor, you set the pace. The more tutoring sessions you have, the faster you can learn the language. Of course, in addition to tutoring sessions, you’ll need to put in the work and practice to make the material sink in.
Eurekly has a wide and wonderful selection of Spanish tutors who are available for short-term and long-term tutoring commitments. If you want to learn Spanish quickly, you can sign up for as many tutoring sessions as you like, with the same tutor or with different ones.
Also, Read | 19 Best Shows To Improve English Language Skills
What Are the Benefits of Learning Spanish?
Spanish is one of the most widely-spoken languages in the world, which can be reason enough to learn it. But if you’re looking for other reasons, there are plenty.
Learning Spanish can:
- Help you make friends: According to CNN, there are more than 60 million Hispanic people in the United States, making up 18.4% of the population. This means that you’re likely to encounter Spanish speakers wherever you live. Learning the language can help you communicate with neighbors, coworkers, parents of your children’s friends, and others more easily.
- Expand your dating pool: Since there are so many Spanish speakers in the U.S., learning Spanish can widen your dating pool and give you more options for forging relationships.
- Open up career opportunities: If you are a teacher, social worker, doctor, or any service provider, learning Spanish can help you communicate better with a broader audience. You can help your students, patients, clients, and others feel more at ease when you speak their language. Additionally, business professionals who have international clients can give themselves an extra edge by adding another language to their resume.
- Assist you when traveling: If you travel to Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Costa Rica, or any other of the 21 Spanish-speaking countries, knowing Spanish will be a great benefit to you. You’ll be able to get around more easily, and the entire travel experience can be elevated. This is even more true if you plan on relocating to a Spanish-speaking country in the long-term.
- Boost brain activity: According to Science in the News, a Graduate Student Group at the Harvard Graduate School of the Arts and Sciences, evidence suggests that bilingualism can provide cognitive benefits and even stave off Alzheimer’s. Since Spanish is one of the easier languages for English speakers to learn, it’s a good choice for those who are seeking cognitive benefits.
How Long Does It Take To Learn Spanish Fluently?
According to the Foreign Service Institute (FSI), Spanish is a Category I language, which means it’s one of the easier languages for English speakers to learn. If you dedicate between 600 and 750 hours to your Spanish study, it can take between 24 and 30 weeks to become fluent.
However, as with any subject area, the more you study, the faster you’ll gain mastery of it. This is true for math, science, reading, foreign language learning, and anything else. The more time and energy you have to dedicate toward learning Spanish, the faster you’ll learn it. Unfortunately, the converse is also true—the less time and effort you put into learning Spanish, the longer it will take.
How Can Online Spanish Tutors Help You Learn Spanish?
Online Spanish tutors can provide the motivation and inspiration you need to push toward your goal. While it’s easy to get discouraged or distracted when learning on your own, learning with a Spanish tutor—in essence, a partner—can spur you toward success.
Learning with a tutor also gives you something that you can’t get from an online course or classroom setting: personal attention. When you learn with a group, the instructor must focus on the needs of the entire group, not just on you. This can make it take longer to get a handle on new grammar and vocabulary.
When you study with an online tutor, the tutor is solely focused on you. This allows you to concentrate on areas of the language that are important to you. For example, if you’re learning Spanish to help you socially, you’ll focus on vocabulary that can help you in the social sphere. If you’re learning Spanish to better communicate with your patients or clients, your tutor can focus on the professional vocabulary of your field. The Spanish you may need to know as a medical professional will differ from what you need to know if you’re setting up a playdate for your child. An online Spanish tutor can fasttrack you to success in specific areas.
When you use Spanish tutors from Eurekly.com, you can also ensure that you’re getting affordable rates. Courses and local tutors tend to cost an arm and a leg, but the tutors on Eurekly.com offer competitive rates. You can even search for tutors based on their rates (as well as on their availability, specialty, location, and other criteria).
Learning Spanish is a worthwhile endeavor for many reasons. With Eurekly, it’s also affordable. Check it out and begin your journey to Spanish fluency today.