The IT minister of the Govt of India has Banned, the giant of mobile games, PUBG, this Wednesday along with 117 other Chinese apps. This is done under Section 69 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 ” in the interest of the sovereignty, the integrity, defence and the security of India”.
Along with PUBG and PUBG lite, the ministry of Information Technology of the government of India has officially banned 116 more apps.
Other apps that are banned include Ludo All Star, Alipay, WeChat Reading, Baidu, Baidu Express Edition, FaceU, and the list goes on and on.
Why were the PUBG and 117 Apps Banned?
This ban has been initiated on the basis of a number of complaints from different sources.
The ministry says that various reports on the abuse of mobile apps on both android and iOS for “stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users’ data in an unauthorized manner to servers which have locations outside India”.
Several organizations as well as representatives appealed to take the required action to maintain the security and privacy of the people of India in the cyber world.
The most prominent recommendation is from The Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre of Ministry of Home Affairs, for blocking all the malicious apps. Various public representatives from the Parliament of India as well as outside it, also showed deep concern regarding the same.
Which Law Allows The IT Minister to Ban Apps?
PUBG and all other 117 apps are banned as per the ITA, 2000 Laws.
As per Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 “Power to issue directions for blocking for public access of any information through any computer resource. Where the Central Government or any of its officer specially authorised by it in this behalf is satisfied that it is necessary or expedient so to do, in the interest of sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of the State, friendly relations with foreign states or public order or for preventing incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence relating to above, it may subject to the provisions of sub-section”
Is the Move an Alarm of Emergency?
It truly is a matter of deep concern when the compilation, mining, and profiling of people’s data is being done by servers that are operated in a hostile region such as China.
These matters if not taken as an emergency can ultimately harm the integrity and sovereignty of India and so, can effect the National security and defence.
Moreover the move is made on the day of the third consecutive meeting for the repeated chinese attempts to enter Indian territory.
Safeguarding the Interests of the Internet Users
This initiative is for sure to provide security and privacy to the tens of millions of internet users in India.
Only two months ago in July have passed since the government already banned 59 china-based apps including TikTok, UC Browser, Shareit, and many more due to the similar concerns of cyberattacks by China.
Complete List Provided by The Ministry Including PUBG
As per the appendix issued by the Ministry of Electronics & IT, Govt. of India, following is the full list of all the 118 banned mobile apps including PUBG and PUBG Lite on past Wednesday:-
- APUS Launcher Pro- Theme, Live Wallpapers, Smart
- APUS Launcher -Theme, Call Show, Wallpaper, HideApps
- APUS Security -Antivirus, Phone security, Cleaner
- APUS Turbo Cleaner 2020- Junk Cleaner, Anti-Virus
- APUS Flashlight-Free & Bright
- Cut Cut – Cut Out & Photo Background Editor
- Baidu Express Edition
- FaceU – Inspire your Beauty
- ShareSave by Xiaomi: Latest gadgets, amazing deals
- CamCard – Business Card Reader
- CamCard Business
- CamCard for Salesforce
- VooV Meeting – Tencent Video Conferencing
- Super Clean – Master of Cleaner, Phone Booster
- WeChat reading
- Government WeChat
- Small Q brush
- Tencent Weiyun
- WeChat Work
- Cyber Hunter
- Cyber Hunter Lite
- Knives Out-No rules, just fight!
- Super Mecha Champions
- Dawn of Isles
- Ludo World-Ludo Superstar
- Chess Rush
- PUBG MOBILE Nordic Map: Livik
- PUBG MOBILE LITE
- Rise of Kingdoms: Lost Crusade
- Art of Conquest: Dark Horizon
- Dank Tanks
- Game of Sultans
- Gallery Vault – Hide Pictures And Videos
- Smart AppLock (App Protect)
- Message Lock (SMS Lock)-Gallery Vault Developer Team
- Hide App-Hide Application Icon
- AppLock Lite
- Dual Space – Multiple Accounts & App Cloner
- ZAKZAK Pro – Live chat & video chat online
- ZAKZAK LIVE: live-streaming & video chat app
- Music – Mp3 Player
- Music Player – Audio Player & 10 Bands Equalizer
- HD Camera Selfie Beauty Camera
- Cleaner – Phone Booster
- Web Browser & Fast Explorer
- Video Player All Format for Android
- Photo Gallery HD & Editor
- Photo Gallery & Album
- Music Player – Bass Booster – Free Download
- HD Camera – Beauty Cam with Filters & Panorama
- HD Camera Pro & Selfie Camera
- Music Player – MP3 Player & 10 Bands Equalizer
- Gallery HD
- Web Browser – Fast, Privacy & Light Web Explorer
- Web Browser – Secure Explorer
- Music player – Audio Player
- Video Player – All Format HD Video Player
- Lamour Love All Over The World
- Amour- video chat & call all over the world.
- MV Master – Make Your Status Video & Community
- MV Master – Best Video Maker & Photo Video Editor
- APUS Message Center-Intelligent management
- LivU Meet new people & Video chat with strangers
- Carrom Friends : Carrom Board & Pool Game-
- Ludo All Star- Play Online Ludo Game & Board Games
- Bike Racing : Moto Traffic Rider Bike Racing Games
- Rangers Of Oblivion : Online Action MMO RPG Game
- Z Camera – Photo Editor, Beauty Selfie, Collage
- GO SMS Pro – Messenger, Free Themes, Emoji
- U-Dictionary: Oxford Dictionary Free Now Translate
- Ulike – Define your selfie in trendy style
- Tantan – Date For Real
- MICO Chat: New Friends Banaen aur Live Chat karen
- Kitty Live – Live Streaming & Video Live Chat
- Malay Social Dating App to Date & Meet Singles
- Mobile Taobao
- Road of Kings- Endless Glory
- Sina News
- Netease News
- Penguin FM
- Murderous Pursuits
- Tencent Watchlist (Tencent Technology
- Learn Chinese AI-Super Chinese
- HUYA LIVE – Game Live Stream
- Little Q Album
- Fighting Landlords – Free and happy Fighting Landlords
- Hi Meitu
- Mobile Legends: Pocket
- VPN for TikTok
- VPN for TikTok
- Penguin E-sports Live assistant
- Buy Cars-offer everything you need, special offers and low prices
- Beauty Camera Plus – Sweet Camera & Face Selfie
- Parallel Space Lite – Dual App
- “Chief Almighty: First Thunder BC
- MARVEL Super War NetEase Games
- AFK Arena
- Creative Destruction NetEase Games
- Crusaders of Light NetEase Games
- Mafia City Yotta Games
- Onmyoji NetEase Games
- Ride Out Heroes NetEase Games
- Yimeng Jianghu-Chu Liuxiang has been fully upgraded
- Legend: Rising Empire NetEase Games
- Arena of Valor: 5v5 Arena Games
- Soul Hunters
- Rules of Survival
People’s Reaction to PUBG Ban on Twitter
Although 116 more apps have been banned still ban on PUBG was the biggest hit for its lovers and addicts. As they resorted to social media to express their grief with sad memes while some are celebrating it because it was a chain broker for those who got relief from its addiction.
Some Prominent News Channels also posted on Twitter:
PUBG, Alipay Among 118 Mobile Apps Blocked By India
source link 1: livemint.com
source link 2: pib.gov.in