If you don’t have at least two Instagram accounts then either you’re lying or you actually have a… life! (gasp!) Most of us who don’t have anything better to do with our lives like to keep multiple Instagram accounts. One for day-to-day normal functioning, and the second one for things we are afraid we might be judged too harshly. So when you’ve had a taste of the other world, how to remove a second Instagram account from your Phone or PC? Well, let’s try and figure it out, okay?
Also, don’t let me pull you down, having a second Instagram account isn’t all that bad. Maybe you have a hobby and you don’t want to spam people from your main account. Or maybe you have cute pets and want to make them internet famous. Not all of us are weird. Thankfully Instagram’s multi-account feature is easy to use and we can easily switch between our main and alt accounts.
Table of Contents
How To Remove a Second Instagram Account from Your Phone or PC | A Step-by-Step Guide
No matter what the reason you are juggling two or more Instagram accounts, it is important to disconnect at times. Maybe the pressure of being internet famous is actually getting to you. Or maybe you’re done with the hobbies now and want to move on. Whatever the reason, we’re not here to judge but to provide solutions on how to remove a second Instagram account from your phone or PC. So follow the below-mentioned steps to remove it from your phone. These work both, on Android as well on iPhone.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or your Android phone.
- At the bottom of your screen tap on your profile. This will take you to your Instagram profile.
- On your profile click on top of your username and a new pop-up will open. All your multiple accounts will be visible here.
- From the list, select the account which you want to remove. You will be taken to that account.
- On the new page click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Click on the Settings option in the new menu.
- Scroll to the bottom option which says Log out.
- Tap on Log Out and another dialogue box will appear asking if you’re sure you want to log out.
- Tap on Log Out again to confirm.
And that’s it, you will be done! Now you will not be getting any new notification from the second account as it will be removed from your phone. When you are ready to receive notifications again, all you will simply have to do is log back in. Your primary account will remain the same and your second account will move back into its place.
How To Remove A Second Instagram Account From Your PC
In situations where you have been running an alt account only from your PC and want to remove it, you will have to follow similar steps.
- On your PC open a browser of your choice.
- Enter instagram(dot)com in your browser and log in to the Instagram account that you want to delete.
- Click on the top right corner of the page which has your user avatar on it.
- In the drop-down menu click on the Settings option.
- Another window will open and in that window click on the Account Settings option.
- Then in the new window click on the Accounts and Profiles tab.
- A list of your accounts associated will open. Select the account you want to remove.
- Then click on the Remove from Account Centre option in the new window.
- Follow the security prompts that follow and then click Done.
And voila! Just like that, you’re done! You have successfully learned how to remove an Instagram account from your PC. You can follow these steps to remove your primary Instagram, your alternate account, and more accounts.
Note that the above process of how to remove a second Instagram account from your Phone or PC will only remove it. You will not get notifications but the account will remain. Your account will still remain active and you can log back in to receive notifications back again. The above procedure does not deactivate your Instagram account either. That is a completely different procedure. If you are looking to delete or deactivate your account permanently you need to follow a different procedure.
In conclusion, these steps on how to remove a second Instagram account from your phone or PC shall help you disconnect. Whether it’s deleting your Snapchat account or removing your Instagram, it is important to disconnect. The pressure of social media can be too much to take and for the sake of some mental peace. It’s better to live away from a made-up para social society identity. What are your thoughts about this? Let us know in the comments section below!