Buying a luxury sports watch is not an easy decision. There is a lot to consider before making your final purchase decision and we want to help you make the right choice!
If you’re a keen sportsman, you already know the importance of ensuring you have all the right equipment for your chosen activity. Whilst no one wants to be in the unenviable position of “having all the gear, but no idea”; equally, you don’t want to be let down by poor accessories. Admittedly, a watch, regardless of its quality, is not going to make you run faster, or hit the ball harder but it will keep you on track.
A good sports watch is not only fashionable and stylish but also functional and comfortable enough to wear all day and when active. A great one will have a water-resistant design with adjustable straps that help keep it in place even during a vigorous activity like running or tennis.
What Features Should You Look for in a Luxury Sports Watch?
The features you require from your watch will largely depend on the activities you want to use it for. There are some watches that work better for runners rather than divers, but generally speaking here are some of the key things you ought to consider when deciding which watch works best for you:
- Capabilities – How water-resistant do you need your watch to be? Will you need a specific diving watch, for example, or do you need something that’s simply waterproof? Do you need to be able to check your watch in darker conditions, if so, a luminous effect face will be useful?
- Material – If you’re buying a luxury watch then the materials used will automatically be of good quality and therefore durable. However, it is important to consider the level of strain, and the extreme conditions your watch will be exposed to through your chosen sport. Precious stones and diamonds can, unfortunately, be damaged or lost in extreme sports, therefore it’s worth considering if these are the right designs for your needs.
- Mechanism – Whilst the majority of modern-day watches rely on Quartz for power, you can also purchase watches that have a wind-up mechanism, or an automatic watch that relies on kinetic energy. Which option works best will again depend on your requirements.
Some other considerations might be to consider the weight of your chosen watch as well as stand-by time. The weight of the watch can vary depending on the type of metal used, its features, and the size of the watch.
Your wrist says a lot about you. A luxury sports watch is an investment and something that speaks for your style, taste, and personality. Whether you’re looking for the perfect dress up or sports accessory, consider the brands below.
Top Luxury Sports Watches
The reality is, though luxury watches can be made with higher-end, and precious materials, this is not the defining factor. Instead, it is all in the movements associated with the watch i.e. the mechanism that allows it to keep time. Luxury watches have higher-end movements and are therefore able to provide far more precise measurement and record of time.
Equally, luxury watch brands offer a much wider variety of complications to their timepieces. This refers to the number of different functions that are available, beyond the standard timekeeping; for example, moon phases, an alarm function, tachymeter and chronometer.
- Patek Philippe – Nautilus Collection: The Nautilus design is legendary, having originally launched in 1976 and has undoubtedly stood the test of time. This particular timepiece features the classic rounded octagonal bezel shape, making it instantly recognizable and a firm favorite amongst watch aficionados. With a variety of technical and aesthetic options, there is definitely a Nautilus for every personal style.
- IWC Schaffhausen – Ingenieur: IWC has a reputation for producing precision instruments that provide accurate timekeeping, but also meet the demands of the fashion-conscious. With a water resistance of up to 120m, the Ingenieur has become a firm favorite among many.
- Audemars Piguet – Royal Oak: Speak to anyone in the know about luxury sports watches, and it won’t be long before Royal Oak is mentioned. With its iconic octagonal bezel and eight hexagonal screws laying the foundations for its trademark look, there is a myriad of options when it comes to style and technical functions.
You may find the best luxury watch for you is the one which ticks just enough boxes. Capabilities like water-resistance, the materials used, how you want your mechanism and don’t forget – your budget. All these factors will depend on each individual person’s requirements so it may take some time before you find out which one is best for you. But if you take the time to consider all these different aspects then we know that whichever watch you eventually choose will be perfect for your needs!