When you click a million pictures per day, it becomes essential to transfer pictures to a secondary storage platform. And if not because of this, there can be several other reasons, like changing your device or just keeping a backup in case your primary storage space messes up with you.
Both Google and Apple have been giving each other a neck-to-neck competition ever since they came into the market, but that has never been the reason to stop them from giving their users a smooth experience. Both the companies have served their customers with the best features out there, but sometimes these efforts aren’t just enough for the users.
The biggest reason for which the users decide to transfer pictures to the cloud is the lack of storage space available. Earlier, Google provided its users free and unlimited storage to keep a backup of their media content but not anymore. These reasons can be enough for the users to switch to a different storage platform to transfer pictures and videos.
Keeping these things in mind, today, we have gathered a step-by-step guide that will walk you through the process of transferring pictures from one platform to the other quickly.
How to Transfer Pictures from iCloud to Google and Vice Versa in 2021?
Read the full article below to know how two more transferring the pictures from iCloud to Google photos account and vice-versa.
How To Transfer iCloud Photos to Google?
Apple has finally provided its users the liberty to transfer their photos from iCloud storage to Google photos account. If you don’t know how to transfer the pictures, follow the steps below. Before starting the transfer process, be sure that you are meeting all the requirements below:
- Ensure that you are using iCloud to keep a backup of all your photos and videos.
- You have enabled the 2FA authentication method for your Apple ID.
- You have a google photos account to transfer your pictures and videos.
- You have enough space available on your google account to transfer your pictures from iCloud.
If you meet all the requirements above, you are good to start the transfer from iCloud to Google photos:
- Open any browser on your device and go to https://privacy.apple.com/ to sign in with your Apple ID.
- After logging in with your ID, click transfer a copy of your data.
- In the next screen, follow all the prompts that will be given to complete the process.
- After this step, users will be asked to sign in to their google accounts.
Once the transfer process has started, users should note that the transfer process isn’t instantaneous. As per Apple, transferring iCloud photos to Google can be completed anywhere in between 3 to 7 days. Users can quickly check the status of their transfer process by clicking on https://privacy.apple.com/account. Besides this, you will also receive an email from Apple once the transfer process has been completed successfully.
Users need to keep in their mind while transferring pictures from iCloud to Google because all the images present in your storage won’t be transferred. These include all the shared albums, pictures, metadata, and content present in other locations and folders.
Before initiating the transfer, make sure that your Google photos account has enough space available to store the media content easily. If you don’t have enough space available, you need to free up some space or space required as Google does not offer free and unlimited storage anymore.
How to Transfer Google Photos to iCloud?
If you have recently upgraded your android device to an apple one, you must be tensed about losing the pictures on your old device. Worry not, because you can quickly transfer pictures from your google photos account to iCloud by following the easy steps below:
- Open any web browser on your desktop or laptop and go to https://takeout.google.com/?pli=1.
- Once the webpage has loaded, scroll down and find the Google photos option from the long list of options.
- Check the box present next to the Google Photos folder.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Next Step.
- On the next screen, select the type of file, size, and other things.
- After selecting the size and other things, click on Create Export.
- The transfer process will begin after you have clicked export.
While your pictures are being transferred, you can either stay on the page if the transfer is less, but if you have a vast media library, the process will take 3-5 days to be completed. Once your transfer process has been completed, you will be notified of the same via an email from Google.
These are the easy ways by which you can quickly transfer pictures from your iCloud storage to your google photos account and vice-versa. We know moving pictures can sometimes become a little tricky, but we hope you won’t face any problems using our easy guide. Let us know about your hassle-free experience in the comments section below.
Feature Image Credits: Mashable SEA