Snapchat score not going up after several attempts? There must be some issue going on with your Snapchat account. Don’t worry because here’s an informative guide for you where you are going to learn why is my Snap score not going up. Go through it to find the errors in your account!
The aim behind introducing Snap score was to make the social media platform more engaging for users. To put it simply, this is a reward that shows how often you use Snapchat, how frequently you share content, and much more. In order to view your score, you can swipe down the Snapchat camera screen by using Bitmojis or anything. So, this is how Snap score works. Right now, let’s move on to know why is my Snap score not going up!
If you are unable to increase your Snap score, you should not delay looking into the matter. But before you proceed, have a look at why is my Snap score not going up easily as you want your highest Snap score!
Why Is My Snap Score Not Going Up 2022? Find Out The Reasons And Solutions!
In case your Snap score is not going up, the first thing that should be done is to update your app. Sometimes, if your app has not been updated, it creates issues with Snap score. But if things are not working even after trying this, you should check the following points. Keep reading why is my Snap not going up 2022!
Why Is My Snap Score Not Going Up 2022?
People wonder why is my Snap score not going up but overlook the causes that led to this situation. However, the most important thing that should be checked is how often you use Snapchat. Apart from it, you should also look out for the following reasons:
You Don’t Open Other Snaps
This is foremost and the most important thing that should be checked if you wish to increase your Snap score. In other words, you need to reach other Snaps to build a cordial relationship with other Snapchat users. If you are not going to open snaps, other users will also not open yours. As a result, your Snap score will remain stagnant. So make sure you open all the latest apps appearing on your feed!
Updating Snap Score Takes Time
Usually, the score increases whenever you share or get snaps in a group. And if someone is trying to look at your Snap score, it may take almost a week to show the updated number. But most users expect to see the change within the blink of an eye. Also, there are different hypotheses responsible for updating Snap scores. So, wait for a few more days!
There’s A Possibility Of A Bug
Snap score may behave inappropriately due to the presence of a bug. Under such conditions, Snapchat servers fail to collect a user’s activity swiftly. Also, it affects the normal functioning of cache. You can take help from the following steps to get rid of the bug:
- Go to the app drawer and look for the settings app.
- Now, scroll down and click on Application Manager or Apps.
- Continue scrolling and click on the Snapchat app icon.
- Now, you need to click on the force stop button to stop operations going on in the background.
- Lastly, you need to click on the Clear Data and Clear Cache button at the same time.
Snapchat Server Is Down
If you have tried every possible trick to get Snap score back to normal, then the issue is with the Snapchat server. And this usually happens whenever there is system maintenance going on. But everything gets sorted within a few hours. After the Snapchat server starts working normally, it takes time to show the updated Snap score. That’s why it’s better if you wait for sometime.
How To Fix Snapchat Score?
There are multiple tips you can look at. Go through these helpful ways that can help you out to fix the Snap score easily.
Log Out And Log In
Follow the mentioned steps to log out from Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat application.
- Click on the symbol you get to see at the left side of the screen. If you have shared a story recently, you will be able to see its picture here.
- Now, you need to use the gear symbol to go to the Settings menu.
- After this, you will see a dialogue box confirming if you wish to log out. If you wish to proceed, click on “Log out.”
Wait for some seconds and log in to the app.
Sometimes cache acts as a hurdle to update Snapchat score. Check out these steps to clear cache:
- Open the app drawer of your phone to go to the settings app.
- Now, look for the Application Manager and click on it.
- Next, continue scrolling to go to the Snapchat icon.
- After this, click on the Force Stop Button to stop programs running in the background.
- Lastly, click on the Clear Data Button and Clear Cache Button.
Sometimes glitches in Snapchat become one of the reasons to prevent the normal functioning of Snap score. And this indicates that your current version of Snapchat needs to be replaced by the latest one. You can take help of the following steps to update Snapchat:
- Start by going to your Google Play Store.
- Now, hit the Menu button to go to the side menu.
- Next, click on My Apps & Games in the side menu.
- Then click on update if you see the update option for Snapchat.
After these steps, you can go back to your Snapchat profile to see if the Snap score has changed or not.
I hope you have found this article on why is my Snap score not going up very helpful. Finally, you will be able to fix things that were a big challenge up until now. But many people like you are struggling with the same problem. So, share this article with the maximum number of people!
In case you are interested in reading more articles on Snapchat, you can click on how to get Snapchat on a PC without emulator and how to see deleted chat on Snapchat.
How To Find A Snap Score?
Follow these steps to find Snap score:
Open your Snapchat account.
Go to the left side of your screen and click on the Bitmoji icon.
Why Is My Friend’s Snap Score Not Going Up?
If your friend’s Snap score is not going up then he is not opening other snaps, lost internet in the app, has been inactive on Snapchat for a long time or uses only blue chat.