Are you a WWE fan? You must be excited about the WWE Hell in a Cell 2022 event that happened on 5 June 2022.
WWE Hell in a Cell is a kind of professional wrestling event held by WWE. WWE Hell in a Cell event started in 2009. The show’s concept primarily revolves around the idea of caging two wrestlers in a roofed cage that is 20 feet high. The event was an extension of the already established Hell in a Cell matches organized by WWE.
We have discussed all the key moments of WWE Hell in a Cell 2022, the timings, the match card, and where you can watch the show.
WWE Hell In A Cell 2022 | The Summary
WWE Hell in a Cell is one of the most hyped-up wrestling events by WWE. The vent primarily features one main event match that is in the Hell in a Cell-style fight. Other matches of the event might have different stipulations and can have a Hell in a Cell stipulation as well.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into the world of professional wrestling. Let’s take a look at all the key highlights of WWE Hell in a Cell 2022 and the results of the 14th installment of WWE Hell in a Cell.
Also, Read | Longest WWE Royal Rumble Match Ever In The WWE History | It’s Still Going In My Brain!
WWE Hell In A Cell 2022 | Match Card, Timings, And Where To Watch!
The 14th installment of the professional WWE event took place in Rosemont, Illinois, on 5th June 2022. The show started premiering at 8 PM EST. Before the main show, a kickoff show premiered from 7 PM EST until the main show premiere.
WWE Hell in a Cell is a pay-per-view show and can be accessed through the official website. The show is also premiering on Peacock Premium for U.S. viewers. Other viewers can access the show through a pay-per-view option or access it for free if they have a premium WWE Network subscription.
Match Card | WWE Hell In A Cell 2022
- Hell in a Cell – Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins.
- Triple Threat Raw Women’s Championship – Bianca Belair vs. Asuka vs. Becky Lynch.
- Bobby Lashley vs. Omos and MVP.
- United States Championship – Theory vs. Mustafa Ali.
- A.J. Styles, Finn Balor and Liv Morgan vs. Edge, Damian Priest, and Rhea Ripley.
- Kevin Owens vs. Ezekiel.
- No Holds Barred – Madcap Moss vs. Happy Corbin.
Also, Read | 5 Richest WWE Wrestlers | Making Money Hurts! Literally!!
WWE Hell In A Cell 2022 | Preliminary Matches And Highlights
We have discussed the key elements and highlights of the preliminary matches. There were six preliminary matches for different stipulations. Let’s see who emerged victorious in these matches.
Bianca Belair Vs. Asuka Vs. Becky Lynch | WWE Hell In A Cell
For the Raw Women’s championship stipulation, the existing champion Bianca Belair went against Asuka as well as Becky Lynch to defend her title. The fight was graded A+.
- Both opponents were put in an Ankle lock by Asuka.
- During the initial minutes, Belair ended up facing both opponents individually. Later the three wrestlers fought each other simultaneously.
- Lynch took down Asuka with a Manhandle Slam, however, she was defeated by Belair as she threw her out of the ring.
Bobby Lashley Vs. Omos And MVP | WWE Hell In A Cell
Bobby Lashey went against MVP and Omos for the 2-in-1 Handicap Match. The match didn’t last very long and was graded C+. The match made for an interesting watch, though.
- The match started with a diss track that MVP dedicated to Lashley.
- From the start, the match seemed heavily one-sided, as it took both Omos and MVP to somehow put Lashley in defense.
- Despite putting up a good fight and almost defeating Lashley, Omos was thrown out of the ring.
- Lashley managed to win the fight by putting MVP in a Hurt Lock.
Kevin Owens Vs. Ezekiel | WWE Hell In A Cell
Kevin Owens and Ezekiel went against each other for the Singles match. The duo presented an amazing contrast with their moods, as Owens looked ready to tear apart his opponent while Ezekiel looked too calm for the fight. The fight was graded B+.
- The fight between K.O. and Ezekiel started with K.O. taking control almost instantly.
- The fight shifted a lot of times, as Ezekiel overpowered K. Owens multiple times during the fight.
- Expectedly, Kevin Owens won the fight by winning through a Stunner after tiring him with a barrage of superkicks.
Also, Read | Is WWE Fake? Revealing The Truth Behind The Biggest Mystery in 2021
Rhea Ripley, Damian Priest, And Edge Vs. AJ Styles, Finn Balor, And Liv Morgan | WWE Hell In A Cell
For the Six-person mixed tag team match, The Judgement Day (Rhea Ripley, Damian Priest, Edge) went against AJ Styles, Finn Balor, and Live Morgan. The match ended on an expected note and was graded B+.
- The match started with Balor and Styler throwing Priest and Edge out of the ring. They then proceeded to hurl Morgan at Ripley, however, she ended up head-butting Morgan.
- As both teams ended up taking over each other through multiple tags, Styles overpowered Edge through some signature moves.
- Eventually, Priest and Ripley helped Edge in defeating Styles resulting in a win.
Happy Corbin Vs. Madcap Moss | WWE Hell In A Cell
Happy Corbin went against Madcap Moss for the No Holds Barred match. The fight was quite impressive and was graded B. Moss made fans excited with his amazing skills.
- The fight between former friends started with an exchange of punches and the duo brawling with each other.
- The fight got heated as they used almost anything from chairs to table tops to inflict damage on the other.
- Moss won the fight by pinning down Corbin after slamming his face into a steel chair.
Theory Vs. Mustafa Ali | WWE Hell In A Cell
Theory went against Mustafa Ali to defend his title of the United States Championship. The fight was graded a B+. Both wrestlers are known for their athleticism and their body control.
- The U.S. Championship fight started with Theory talking trash to the crowd as he tried to hype himself up for the fight.
- The fight seemed favorable for Theory initially, however, he barely managed to get out of an STF from Ali by using the ropes.
- Theory won the fight by giving a finisher blow to Ali and ended up retaining his title.
Also, Read | Is WWE Scripted Or Real? A Million Dollar Question Cleared In 2022!
WWE Hell In A Cell 2022 | Cody Rhodes Vs. Seth “Freakin” Rollins
For the main event of WWE Hell in a Cell 2022 main event, Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins went against each other.
The fight started with the announcement that Cody Rhodes has decided to undergo the match despite having a torn pectoral muscle. Seth Rollins also rolled into the ring with Cody’s father’s iconic outfit to mock him. The match featured a lot of times where Rollins tried to take advantage of Rhodes’s injury. However, Rhodes fought through it and didn’t let it affect him much. The fight was graded an A, and Rhodes extended his recovery time by continuing with the fight.
- Being one of the most anticipated matches, viewers were shocked to know of Rhodes’s injury as it was visibly noticeable that it was quite bad.
- The fight started with Rollins trying to take advantage of Cody’s injury by poking it with kendo, and he even brought a table into the ring.
- Cody dodged almost all the damage inflicted to his injured area as he ended up dodging a table slam from Rollins.
- The duo used a bull rope against each other that they found, and multiple finishers and near-falls almost ended the fight.
- Eventually, Cody Rhodes won against Seth “Freakin” Rollins using a Sledgehammer. This was Cody’s third consecutive win over Rollins.
Also, Read | How To Watch Wrestlemania For Free? Time To Get TMI!
WWE Hell In A Cell 2022 | Results
- Bianca Belair Vs. Asuka Vs. Becky Lynch
Bianca Belair won by Pinfall. The match lasted 18 minutes and 55 seconds.
- Theory Vs. Mustafa Ali
Theory won by Pinfall. The match lasted 10 minutes and 25 seconds.
- Bobby Lashley Vs. Omos And MVP
Bobby Lashley won by Submission. The match lasted 8 minutes and 25 seconds.
- Kevin Owens Vs. Ezekiel
Kevin Owens won by Pinfall. The match lasted 9 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Rhea Ripley, Damian Priest, And Edge Vs. AJ Styles, Finn Balor, And Liv Morgan
Rhea Ripley, Damian priest, And Edge won by Pinfall. The match lasted 16 minutes.
- Happy Corbin Vs. Madcap Moss
Madcap Moss won by Pinfall. The match lasted 12 minutes and 05 seconds.
- Cody Rhodes Vs. Seth “Freakin” Rollins
Cody Rhodes won by Pinfall. The match lasted 24 minutes and 20 seconds.
This was all you need to know about the WWE Hell in a Cell 2022 event. WWE Hell in a Cell is a well-known event among WWE fans. We hope this update regarding WWE Hell in a Cell 2022 was interesting and entertaining for you.
Do let us know what would you want us to cover next. Stay tuned with us for more of such interesting and engaging content.