Pinning conversations is quite common among Snapchat users, but how to unpin someone on Snapchat? What if you wish to remove someone from your pinned chats?
Snapchat is not the only social media platform that provides the feature of pinning someone in your chats. The feature, however, is useful for accessing important or frequent conversations. Snapchat is undeniably one of the most used apps for texting. The app is not just a messaging app but is used for chatting the most. Snapchat is also primarily known for its extensive use of acronyms due to this texting culture.
Do you wish to know how to unpin someone on Snapchat? Do you know what pinning a conversation means? What are the multiple features that Snapchat offers? Let’s take a look at what pinning is, how to do it and how to unpin someone on Snapchat.
How To Unpin Someone On Snapchat!
Snapchat also allows its users to pin and unpin chats depending on their conversation preferences. What if you want to remove someone from your pinned conversations? Do you wish to understand various Snapchat features and texting terminology? Do you know what KMS means on Snapchat or what S/U means on Snapchat?
We have discussed methods on how to unpin someone on Snapchat and what pinning a conversation means. So, without further ado, let’s look at these steps on how to unpin someone on Snapchat.
What Does It Mean To Unpin Someone On Snapchat?
Before you follow the below-mentioned steps on how to unpin someone on Snapchat, you need to understand what unpin means and how to pin someone on Snapchat.
Most social media platforms, including Snapchat, allow their users to prioritize conversations. If you wish to keep someone at the top of your conversation, you can do so by pinning that conversation. If you talk to someone very frequently, you can keep their conversation or chat on top. Similarly, if you have a group chat with your friends, you can always pin their conversation to keep it on top.
Unpinning someone on Snapchat primarily means you do not wish to prioritize their chat. It could be because you have a lot of people pinned in your chats or because you are not part of a specific group anymore. What if you fight with a friend, you would not want to see their name on top of your chats. The option to unpin someone from Snapchat primarily removes that person from the top of your chat.
How To Pin Someone On Snapchat
Before understanding how to unpin someone on Snapchat, let’s look at these steps on how to pin someone on Snapchat.
Here are steps on how to pin someone on Snapchat using an iOS device:
- Launch Snapchat, and go to Snapchat chats by tapping on the chat icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have access to your Snapchat chats, locate the name of the person you wish to pin.
- Long press on the conversation you wish to press until a menu pops up.
- Locate the Chat Settings option from the given menu and tap on it.
- You can then choose Pin Conversation to pin the specific conversation on your chats.
These were steps on how to pin someone on Snapchat using an iOS device. But what if you use an Android device. As of right now, Snapchat does not provide its android users to pin conversations. If you wish to access or pin a person’s conversation on Snapcht using an Android device, you can use an alternate method. Since Snapchat does not allow people to pin chats on android devices, you can rather pin Snapchat conversations on your device homepage. Here are the steps on how to pin someone on Snapchat using an android device:
- Launch Snapchat and go to Snapchat chats.
- Search for the name of the person you wish to pin.
- Long press on the name of the person you wish to pin to your Snapchat until a menu pops up.
- Tap on the Pin shortcut to the home screen option from the given menu.
You will be able to access the pinned conversation directly on your phone home screen. You will not have to open Snapchat to talk to a specific person.
How To Unpin Someone On Snapchat | iOS Devices
Now that we know how to pin someone on Snapchat, let’s look at how to unpin someone on Snapchat. Snapchat only allows iOS users to pin their conversations in the chats. Even though you might have pinned a conversation on Snapchat, you might still want to remove the specific conversation from priority.
If you wish to unpin someone on Snapchat, you can refer to the following steps on how to unpin someone on Snapchat:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iOS device.
- Locate the Snapchat chats option at the bottom of the screen and tap on it.
- On the Snapchat app messenger, locate the name of the person you wish to unpin. All the pinned conversations are displayed at the top of other chats.
- Long press on the name of the person you wish to unpin.
- After a few seconds, a menu will pop up, which will have multiple chat-related options.
- Select the Chat Settings option from the menu.
- Click on Unpin Conversation to remove the person from your pinned conversations.
Once you unpin a conversation, it will be removed from the priority list and shifted back to its previous location. Since Snapchat chats are sorted according to date, the unpinned conversation will relocate accordingly.
How To Unpin Someone On Snapchat | Android Devices
What if you wish to unpin someone on an Android device. As we have already discussed, Snapchat does not allow android users to pin their conversations on the chat page. However, if you have pinned someone on your home screen, you can unpin that specific conversation by following these steps on how to unpin someone on an android device.
You must know that pinning a shortcut to a conversation means that you can directly open that chat by clicking on the shortcut. If you wish to remove a conversation shortcut, you can refer to these steps on how to unpin someone on Snapchat:
- Go to the Home screen of your android device.
- Find the Snapchat conversation that you have pinned on your home screen.
- If you have pinned multiple shortcut conversations, locate the conversation you wish to remove.
- Tap and hold the icon of the conversation shortcut until a small menu appears below it.
- Select the Remove option from the menu to unpin the conversation.
Snapchat does not traditionally allow its users to pin someone on Snapchat. To unpin someone on Snapchat, you primarily have to remove the icon or delete it, just like you delete apps from your home screen.
These were steps on how to unpin someone on Snapchat and what pinning and unpinning someone on Snapchat means. Snapchat is one of the most unique platforms for providing features to its users. However, pinning a conversation is one of the most common features on social media platforms.
We hope these steps on how to unpin someone on Snapchat were helpful to you. Stay tuned with us to have solutions to your various Snapchat queries like how to make a group on Snapchat or what various acronyms mean on Snapchat. Do let us know what would you want us to cover next.