Every day, Instagram constantly tries to upgrade itself by incorporating new features. Instagram DMs are a valuable tool for casual users and business owners to grow their followers. Amongst the additional features, the orange flag feature is the new one. So, do you know what does the Orange flag mean on Instagram DMs?
Instagram DMs are one of the most essential features for online businesses on Instagram. As such, the appearance of an orange flag has raised questions in the minds of users as to what the orange tag on Instagram means. If you also want an answer, this article is here to help you.
The orange flag on Instagram means you can label important chats on IG, which you shall return to later.
If you are excited to know all the details about what the Orange flag mean on Instagram, then stay tuned and keep scrolling through the article.
Table of Contents
What Does The Orange Flag Mean On Instagram DMs?
Before we jump to know what the orange tag on Instagram means, we first need to understand what the flag is used for on Instagram. The Instagram DM provides an ideal opportunity for Instagrammers to grow their followers. The flag feature of Instagram is only available for Instagram business profiles. The flag is available for businesses to label the messages that they need to refer to later.
In the initial days, this flag feature of Instagram was known as the Star feature, where you could Star the crucial chats. But this feature has been changed. Now you must be wondering why this sudden change. Well, this is because of Instagram’s frequent feature updates. Additionally, if you tap on this flag, you get choices like a flag, booked, order dispatched, and paid.
How To Flag A DM On Instagram?
The most important question is how to flag a DM on Instagram. In the earlier section, I explained what the orange flag means on Instagram. Yet, if there is some confusion, let’s know how to use the flag icon and do it yourself to understand better. You can understand how to use this icon by following the steps below.
- Firstly, open your Instagram account and go to the Instagram DM section in the top right corner.
- Once you open your DM, look for the chat you want to flag.
- Now, long press the conversation until a list of menus appears on the screen.
- Select the Add Label option, and a list showing the Flag option will appear. Click on it.
- Now, you will see the orange tag appearing beside the conversation headboard.
How To Remove The Orange Flag On Instagram DM?
A conversation doesn’t need to be essential to us. Now, suppose you’ve already flagged someone. How would you remove it from their conversation? Don’t know a way? Worry not. Follow the simple steps below to learn how to unflag a conversation on Instagram.
- Open Instagram and go to the DM section of your account.
- Press the conversation, which is already flagged, until a list of options appears on the screen.
- Select Add Label and then click on Clear to wipe off the orange tag from the conversation.
For an easy, breezy way, open the already flagged conversation and remove the flag icon at the top of the screen by tapping it. And that’s all! Wasn’t that easier than knowing what does the orange tag means on Instagram? If yes, then do try it!
What Does It Mean When You Flag Someone’s Instagram Account?
Talking about flag options on Instagram, flagging someone’s chat and flagging someone’s IG account are two different things. Now you must be wondering what flagging someone on Instagram means. Well, flagging an account on IG means reporting someone’s account. In such a case, IG would say that the user’s account has been reported, but it will not specify who reported it.
To know how to flag an Instagram account, follow the steps below.
- Go to Instagram and open the account whose profile you want to flag.
- Tap on the hamburger icon in the top right-hand corner.
- From the menu list, click on Report.
- Now, Instagram would ask you whether you want to report the account, a message, or a particular post and select the correct option from there.
- After this, IG would ask you for the reason behind the reporting. Once you’ve specified your reason, flagging is done!
You must also keep in mind that once you flag an account on Instagram, it automatically gets blocked. So beware of that before you report an account.
I hope by the end of this, you’ve understood what does orange flag mean on Instagram and how to use the flagging option. Although flagging is just not restricted to Instagram DMs, beware when you are flagging an account. Or else you would end up blocking someone indirectly from your friend list. If you found this post helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends. If you have any queries, please feel free to reach out.
What is the orange flag for Instagram?
The orange flag feature on Instagram is for the users to manage their business messages more effectively.
What does the triangle mark mean on Instagram reels?
The triangle mark on Instagram means that the audio used in the reel is trending.