People can’t get enough of Instagram stories these days. No wonder millennials and Genz are uploading or watching Instagram stories regularly. Unfortunately, Instagram stories have a little quirk, and the users find it bothersome. But the sound of Instagram stories notifications might be irritating. As such, you might want to know how to turn off sound on Instagram stories. So, I’m here to help you out.
Instagram stories are the most useful and loved feature of Instagrammers. The best part of this feature is adding filter background music and new sounds to the video post. But sometimes, if you are watching other Instagram stories back to back, the sounds of the videos might be overwhelming after a certain time. As such, you might want to know how to turn off the sound of an Instagram video.
To turn off the volume of Instagram stories, simply press the volume down button of your device while watching the stories or put your device on Silent mode before you start watching the IG stories.
But you know what? You can know how to turn off the sound of Instagram stories even after posting. Do you know how? If not, stay hooked on the article until the end so you don’t miss any part.
Table of Contents
How To Turn Off Sound On Instagram Stories? Know The Simple Process Here!
Have you ever wished that you could mute a story that plays loud? To get rid of that disturbing music, you first need to know how to turn off sound on Instagram stories. When you view an Instagram story, you might notice a speaker icon on the screen representing the volume. To keep the volume off while you watch stories, follow the steps below.
1. Click on the Instagram story whose sound you don’t wish to hear.
2. While the video is playing in the background, press the Volume Down button of your device until you can’t hear anything from the video.
Indeed, while pressing the volume down button, the initial seconds of the video are audible. To avoid that, keeping your device silent is suggested so your Instagram stories go on mute by default.
How To Turn Off Sound On Instagram Post?
With Instagram’s endless updates, its features are taking Instagrammers by storm. One such feature is where you can audio to your Instagram post. For instance, you are not a music lover and like to scroll down IG peacefully. At that moment, these sounds can become frustrating for you. To help you out of this, it is better to know how to turn off the sound of your Instagram posts. To see the process, check the steps below.
1. Firstly, open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Next, click on the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select the video or photo from the Library you want to add to your Instagram feed.
4. Once you have selected the video, click the arrow button.
5. Now, coming to the editing section, you will see the music icon in the top right corner. From there, click on the Control icon.
6. After this, scroll down the Camera audio option to the lowest, and it’s done!
Follow these steps, and you will no longer be able to hear the sound of Instagram posts.
How To Turn Off Sound On Instagram Reels?
Instagram reels ought to have an audio or music background in it. Without any sound, the reel would seem incomplete. But what if you only wish to view the reel’s content and not hear its audio? So if you don’t know how to turn off the sound of Instagram reels, check the steps below.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device and go to your main profile page.
2. Click on the reels icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on any Instagram reel that you want to watch.
4. As the reel begins to play, you will see a speaker icon at the bottom right-hand corner. Click on that icon.
And that’s all! Your IG reel will go on silent as soon as you click on the speaker button. However, if you click on it, the audio will be unmuted. Also, if you don’t wish to take the effort of clicking on the speaker button, you can also put your device on Silent mode so that the reels will automatically go on mute by default.
How To Remove Sound From Instagram Story While Creating A Story?
Until now, we have been discussing how to turn off the sound of Instagram stories when others post one. But do you know how to turn off the sound while you create an IG story? If not, then don’t worry! Check the steps mentioned below; they shall help you with the same.
1. Go to the Instagram app and open your profile.
2. Click on the new content symbol marked as +.
3. From the below-mentioned options, select a story and start to record a video, or choose any suitable video from the library.
4. To avoid any sound option, tap on the speaker icon in the top right-hand corner, and that’s it! You have now successfully turned off the sound of the Instagram story while creating one. After muting the audio, you can continue with the edits of your story and upload it.
As we have reached the end of the article, I hope I can make you understand how to turn off sound on Instagram stories, posts, and reels. Although adding music to your posts gives a personal touch, everyone doesn’t need to like it. Hence, turning off the sound is the best option if you are not a melophile. If you found this post helpful, share it with your friends and keep checking Viebly’s Instagram hub for the latest updates.
Will the other person know if I mute their stories on Instagram?
Instagram does not notify people if you mute their stories or posts.
Can I see who has muted my stories?
Instagram does not notify people whom you have muted; similarly, the app does not tell you who has muted your stories and posts.