For the longest time, users have believed that sending voice notes, text messages, one-view pictures, etc. are the ONLY methods of communicating and expressing themselves on Instagram. But well, that’s not completely true. There have to be other methods to express yourself as well, right? For instance, can you send GIFs on Instagram? Because people who use GIFs to express themselves on social media are the coolest. And, it will be oh-so-cool if the same can be done on Instagram as well. Now, if you want to know if GIFs are acceptable on Instagram or not, read this article till the end!
Table of Contents
Can You Send GIFs On Instagram? If Yes, How To Send GIFs On Instagram?
Nearly all social media platforms out there allow users to express themselves using GIFs. But, for the longest time, Instagram didn’t have this feature available. However, Instagram undergoes plenty of updates on a daily basis. So, it is likely that it may have introduced the ability to express oneself using GIFs in one of those updates? You’re not wrong to expect this from Instagram.
But, can you send GIFs on Instagram or not? And if yes, how to send GIFs on Instagram?? Well, the answers to all these questions are discusses in this article below. So, make sure to read this article till the end to find out!
Can You Send GIFs On Instagram DMs?
Well, yes! You can send GIFs on Instagram DMs! Apart from reacting to messages, and replying to them via text or voice notes, you also have the option to send GIFs in response to something someone said. In fact, one of the first places that Instagram released the option to send GIFs was its DMs! And if you want to know how this can be done, the steps mentioned in this section will help.
How To Send GIFs On Instagram DMs?
- Open Instagram
- Tap the messenger icon located at the top right corner of the screen. Or, simply swipe left from the main home screen to enter the DM section.
- Then, tap on the chat you wish to send a GIF in.
- When the chat opens, tap the plus icon located in the “Message…” field.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen, select “Stickers” from it.
- When the Sticker pop-up opens, tap the GIF icon located at the bottom right to slide over to the GIF section.
- A variety of GIFs will open on the screen. Tap on the one you like to send it.
- If you don’t find what you’re looking for, tap the “Search GIPHY” field at the top of the screen, and type in a word or phrase related to the GIF you want.
- All the GIFs related to that word/ phrase will appear on the screen. Select the one you like by tapping on it.
And that’s it! The GIF will now be sent!
Can You Send GIFs On Instagram Stories?
Stories that contain a GIF are more fun as compared to the ones that don’t. And that’s why, Instagram does give its users the option to share GIFs over their stories. Not only that, Instagram also has an extensive GIF collection that suit every mood and situation!
How To Send GIFs On Instagram DMs?
So, if you want to make your Instagram stories more engaging, follow these steps to add a GIF to your stories:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap the Plus icon located at the bottom of the screen and select “Story” from there. Or, simply swipe right from the main home screen to open the story section.
- Then take a picture or video on the spot or tap the gallery icon located at the bottom of the screen to select something from your gallery.
- After that’s done, tap the sticker icon located at the top of the screen.
- Then, select GIF from the bunch of options given.
- By default, you will have all the trending GIFs on the screen. You can scroll through them and select something you like from there.
- Or, you can search for one using the search bar at the top. Just type a word or two related to the GIF you want, and all the related GIFs will appear on the screen. Select something from them.
And, that’s it! Once you’ve added a GIF, tap “Your Story,” located at the bottom left of the screen to post the GIF.
Can You Send GIFs On Instagram Comments?
Until recently, there was no option to post GIFs in comments. But, after yet another Instagram update, the feature is available! So, yes! You can post GIFs in the comments on Instagram!
How To Send GIFs On Instagram Comments?
Posting GIFs in the comments section is one of the latest features of Instagram, and so it also happens to be one of the coolest. Since everyone has been sharing GIFs, follow these steps if you want to do so too:
- Open Instagram
- Locate the post you wish to comment a GIF on.
- Then, tap the comment icon at the post’s bottom left.
- The comment section will open. In the “Add a comment…” field above your keyboard, you will have the GIF icon. Tap on it.
- A pop-up menu with a variety of GIF options will appear on the screen. Scroll through the options and select any one of them. As soon as you tap on the one you like, it will be posted as a comment.
- Or, you tap the “search GIPHY” field and type some word or phrase related to the GIF you’re looking for. This way, all the GIFs on the topic will appear on the screen. Scroll through the options available. Tap on the one you like, and it will be added as a comment.
And that’s it! Please note that since the GIF gets added as soon as you tap on it, be sure that you’ve really chosen the right thing. Otherwise, you will then have to delete it and repeat the process again.
So, can you send GIFs on Instagram or not?! Well, you can! And, I hope this article not only answered that query of yours but also told you how to send GIFs on Instagram! Because in this article, I walked you through three different ways you can share or post GIFs over DMs, in the comments, or in stories! So, now that all your queries are cleared follow whichever method suits your current needs and get the job done! But, in case you get stuck at any point or have any additional questions, please feel free to mention them in the comments!
Why is there no GIF option on my Instagram story?
If there’s no GIF option available on your Instagram story, ensure that you’re using the latest version of Instagram. You can also restart the app to rule out any possibility of glitches and errors.
Why can’t I do GIFs on Instagram?
You can’t do GIFs on Instagram because, as of now, this platform doesn’t allow users to post GIFs on their feeds. You can only send them over DMs, comments, or your stories.
How do you turn off GIFs on Instagram?
If you want to turn off GIFs on Instagram, tap the … that appears in the top right corner of suggestions. From there, select Manage Suggestions and toggle off GIFs and stickers.
How do I turn a GIF into a live photo?
If you want to convert a GIF into a live photo to post on Instagram, then you can make use of third-party tools and websites like Shotkit to do so.