Instagram stories can sometimes be quite misleading. If you ever put up an old vacation story, people can start to think you’re presently on a vacation as well. And, even if you do put something fresh and new, people might believe that it’s old. To clear the confusion in such situations, it’s advisable to add a date or time to your stories. But, to do that, you need to learn how to put date on Instagram story. Since this article is going to be all about that, keep scrolling!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Put Date On Instagram Story!
Learning how to add date to an Instagram story is quite easy. There are two ways you get to do that:
- You can either add a date using the sticker feature present.
- Or, you can add the date as a text simply.
Both of these work quite well. So, you can get the job done using either of the two. To know how to put date on Instagram story using both of these ways, make sure that you scroll to the bottom of this article.
How To Put Date On Instagram Story Using The Sticker Feature?
The most used way of putting a date on an Instagram story is via the sticker feature. So, if you too want to put a date on an Instagram story using this method, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go To The Story Section
Upon opening Instagram, tap the Plus icon at the bottom of the screen and slide over to the Story tab. Alternatively, swipe right from your home page, and the story section will open.
Step 2: Choose A Background
Now, you need to add a background to add your date sticker. For this, you can upload something from your camera roll. Or you can take a picture or record a video on the spot.
Step 3: Choose The Date Sticker
Once you’ve your picture on the story screen, you can put a date on it. To do this, tap on the sticker icon at the screen’s top. A bunch of sticker and GIF options will appear in the sticker menu. The date sticker will automatically have the date the picture was taken on it. Select it.
Step 4: Edit The Date Sticker
After the date sticker appears on your screen, you can place it anywhere on the story by dragging it using your fingers. To resize the sticker, pinch in using your two fingers and pinch out the same way to increase the size. To change the color of the sticker, tap on it.
Step 5: Edit The Story Further
Apart from editing the date sticker, you can edit your story further as well if you want to. For example, you can write or draw something. You can add stickers, etc. If you want to write something, select the Aa icon located at the top of the screen and start typing. Or, you can tap on the screen anywhere to make your keyboard appear, and you can start typing then.
You can add filters to the picture you’ve uploaded to the story. For this, tap on the glitter icon at the top of the screen and browse through the sticker options at the bottom to select the one you like.
If you want to draw something on your story, then you can select the Draw option. You will have a bunch of drawing tools at the top of your screen. Choose the one you like, and get to work.
Step 6: Post The Story
When everything is done and you’re ready to share this story with everyone on Instagram, you have to tap on the “Your Story” option present at the bottom right of the screen.
How To Put Date On Instagram Story As Text?
If you’re unhappy with the sticker method, you can add a date on your story as simple text. This will give you freedom with the date you wish to put on your story and how you want to customize it as well. So, to know how to put date on Instagram story this way, follow these steps:
- Put up a picture or video on the story screen.
- Refer to the methods mentioned above to know how to add a picture or a video to your story.
- Then, tap on the Aa icon located at the top of the screen. Or, just tap anywhere and your keyboard will appear.
- Then, type the date you wish to appear in your story.
- Once done, you can edit the way this date appears.
- Drag it to place it somewhere else on the screen.
- To reduce the size of the date sticker, pinch in using your two fingers. Similarly, pinch out if you want to make the date sticker bigger.
- You have the option to change the font style and color of the date sticker as well.
- If you want to make your date look more easily visible on the screen, then you can highlight it using some color.
- You can change the alignment of the text on the screen, as well.
- Once you’re okay with the final results, select the “Your Story” icon located at the bottom left corner of your device’s screen.
And, done! Your story with a date on it will now be posted on Instagram!
Okay, people! I hope you all have understood how to put date on Instagram story! In this article, you guys got to learn two different ways of adding a date to a picture or a video you want to share as a story on the platform. So, use whichever method suits your needs better! Oh, and incase you know any other way of doing the same, please share it with everyone in the comments!