Ever heard a dope song but didn’t know what it’s called? Don’t want to ask people around you the name of the song, fearing you might be judged for being culturally unaware? Get rid of your worries now that the social media giant Snapchat has integrated the song detection feature called Shazam. Today, we will tell you all about how to use Shazam on Snapchat, so make sure you read on till the very end!
Snapchat and bundles of features are nothing new. Whether you have Snapchat+ or are just a regular user, there are tons of features to explore. From creating your own filters to creating your private stories, the options are unlimited! You don’t just have to worry about maintaining streaks on Snapchat, but use it for other purposes too!
So how to use Shazam on Snapchat? All you need to do is long press on the home screen in the camera option, and Shazam will be triggered. It will display that it is working in the background to identify the sound that is playing and will give you a correct result. Using it is easy and does not require you to install Shazam separately, as it comes integrated with Snapchat. Both on Android as well as iOS!
Table of Contents
How To Use Shazam On Snapchat? A Step-By-Step Guide!
If you are a Snapchat creator, you need to have all the pop songs at your disposal. After all, you need to increase your subscribers, and people only like what’s trending. So if you want to identify songs, nothing is better than the identification system of Shazam! Knowing how to use Shazam on Snapchat is important for common users also so that they can utilize every feature provided by the app in the best way possible!
Steps To Start Using Shazam On Snapchat
Using Shazam cuts a lot of steps for you in your music search. You don’t have to type out lyrics you barely remember manually. Just getting your phone out will do the trick. Thanks to the integration that Shazam shares with Snapchat, you don’t need to download the app separately. Although that is still an option, the bundle cuts out another unnecessary step you might have to take.
So if your friend is listening to a song and you want to know what it is, check out the step mentioned below to use Shazam.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone. This method is the same for both. The home screen of the app will open.
- The home screen of Snapchat is the camera screen so stay on it.
- If there is a piece of background music playing somewhere, long-press the camera screen and let the music continue playing in the background.
- Shazam will automatically work in the background and listen to the music and identify the song. You will notice some moving icons on the screen, signifying Shazam is trying to identify the track playing.
- Once Shazam successfully recognizes the track, it displays a pop-up containing all the details of the song. The song’s details will have important info such as the title, cover art, as well as the artist’s name.
- Here you can choose to play the music. To do that, click on the “Listen” button. If you want more options, tap on the “Song Info” button to get more details about the song.
- Alternatively, you can also share the song with your Snapchat friends. To do that, tap on the three dots at the top and choose the available options.
That’s it, and you have successfully used Shazam on Snapchat. Now every song you ever listen to through Shazam will be stored in your profile. So if you want to come back to the songs you have listened to, later on, you can easily access the information. How to go about doing that? Well, keep on reading!
How To See All Songs You Have Shazamed | How To Use Shazam On Snapchat
A history of all your Shazamed songs is important to have. It will tell you the kind of music you have found over so much time as well as give you access to previously found music. Maybe you want to add a song to your playlist, or maybe a song is stuck in your head that you remember listening to. Below mentioned are the steps that you will have to take in order to see all your previously Shazamed songs!
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or your Android. As always, the process will remain the same for the two.
- From the home screen, you will need to go to your profile. You can access this by tapping on the bitmoji avatar in the top left corner of your screen. A new window will open here.
- Open Settings from this window by tapping on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- From the list of options and tabs, scroll down to My Account and tap on the option Shazam.
- Here a new window will open with all the songs that you have previously listened to all listed here.
That’s it! You can now access all the songs as well as see further details about the songs. You will just have to tap on any song you like, and Shazam will show you more info. If you want to share the song with anyone, you can do that too. You can share the song on Snapchat or on other social media apps too. Lastly, if you want to delete the song from your list, you can do that too. Just swipe leftover the song that you want to delete. A new option will appear. Tap on delete and confirm to remove it from your Shazam history forever.
So, there you have it, folks! Now you know how to use Shazam on Snapchat! If there is anything else Snapchat-related, feel free to drop a comment down below!
How can I find out the name of a song on Snapchat?
You can find out the name of a song on Snapchat through Shazam!
Why is Shazam not working on Snapchat?
If Shazam isn’t working for you, try restarting your Snapchat. It it still doesn’t work, you can try reinstalling Snapchat completely. The issue could be caused by a system error or a failed update.
Is Shazam accurate?
Yes, Shazam is pretty accurate if the audio you make it listen is clear.