Are you too lazy to reply to the DMs that you get? It’s okay, a lot of us are. But, Instagram has a wonderful feature that can help you save face on social media. Instagram now lets your react to messages with emojis! Did someone send something particularly heartwarming? React with a heart emoji! Did someone send a funny reel? Laugh react to it! But, wait. Do you know whow to laugh react on Instagram? If not, keep reading this article.
Here’s How To Laugh React On Instagram | Read This To Laugh React To Messages In 3 Quick & Easy Ways!
Doing a laugh reaction to messages on Instagram is pretty simple. There are various ways that you can do so. For example, you can laugh react to messages on Instagram using the mobile app, or you can do it using the web version as well! The steps in each are only going to be slightly different. So, learning how to laugh react on Instagram is easy. Pretty convenient, right? Keep scrolling!
How To Laugh React On Instagram Using The Mobile App?
Most people use Instagram on their mobiles. If you too are someone like that, follow the below-mentioned steps to laugh react to messages on Instagram. However, before you begin, make sure that the app you’re using is updated to the latest version available. Otherwise, you might now have the react to messages features available.
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the messenger icon at the top right corner of the screen Alternatively, you can swipe left from the main home feed.
- Tap on the username of the contact whose message you wish to react to.
- Locate the message you wish to react to.
- Double-tap that message. The default reaction emoji is a heart. However, you have the option to change it.
- To do so, long tap on the messages to see a list of emojis that you can react to a message with.
- Choose the laughing emoji (😂) from here.
- If you don’t see the emoji in the list then, tap on the + icon to expand the list of emojis.
- From the expanded list, choose the laughing emoji and release your finger.
And, that’s it! You will now see a laughing emoji appear under the message. This means that you’ve laugh reacted to the message! The best part is that you can use these steps not just to react to messages but also to reels, posts, and pictures that someone sends.
How To Laugh React On Instagram Using The Web Version?
If you’re someone who likes to use Instagram on a bigger screen, for example, that of a laptop, then you can laugh react to messages using the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Go to Instagram’s login page.
- Enter your credentials to access your account.
- Once logged in, click on the messenger icon located at the top right/ vertical left of the screen.
- Navigate to the contact whose message you wish to react to.
- Scroll through the messages to locate the one you wish to react to.
- Then, double-click on the message to react to it with a heart icon, the default reaction.
- So, take your cursor over the message and you will notice a smiley face appear on the right side of the message.
- Click on the smiley face and a list of all the emojis will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the laughing emoji from here by clicking on it.
And, that’s it. The laughing emoji is going to be added to the bottom of the message as your reaction.
How To Laugh React On Instagram By Changing The Deafult Emoji?
It’s common knowledge that the default emoji when reacting to a message on Instagram is a heart. However, you have the option to change this in favor of something better– a laughing emoji. And then, you will be able to react to messages with just a double tap. Follow these steps to do that:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the messenger icon at the top right.
- Open the message you wish to laugh react to.
- Long tap the message so that a list of emojis opens.
- Tap on the + icon at the end of it.
- An expanded list of emojis will appear on the screen. Tap on the “customize” option located at the top right corner.
- Tap on the emoji you wish to replace. Here, you need to tap on the heart emoji.
- Now, tap on the emoji that you want to use instead of the heart one. In this case, tap on the laughing emoji.
And, that’s it! You will now get a confirmation message in the text present above the emoji list.
Okay, people! This is how to laugh react on Instagram! In this article, we discussed three ways using which you can react to messages using simple laughing emoji! So, you can either react to messages using the app version or the web version of Instagram. You also have the option of changing the default option so that reacting to messages becomes easier. Feel free to use whichever method suits you the best!
How do you activate reactions on Instagram?
Open Google Play Store or the App Store. You’ll only find the “Update Messaging” button if you haven’t updated messaging yet, i..e you’ve got pending updates. If you want to react to Instagram messages with emojis on Android/iOS, you will have to update messaging first. Therefore, you need to tap on “Update Messaging”. Once updated, you will be able to have the option to react to messages.
Why can’t I react to messages on Android?
If you can’t react to messages on Android, then try clearing the app cache that might be the cause behind this problem. If this doesn’t work, then you can try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it again. This should solve any glitches and errors with the app.
Why wont Instagram let me react to messages?
Plenty of users find themselves unable to react to messages because they haven’t updated Instagram to the latest version available. If so is the case with you, first update Instagram and that will solve the problem.