Are you done with having a professional account on Instagram? I guess you are. Why else would you be reading an article on how to turn off professional mode on Instagram? Although having a professional account does come with more benefits in comparison to a personal one, I’m sure you must have your reasons for taking this critical step.
So, let’s not waste any more time and learn how to switch back to personal account on Instagram. Spoiler alert: the process is extremely simple. Keep scrolling down!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Turn Off Professional Mode On Instagram 2023!
As already mentioned, learning how to turn off professional mode on Instagram is quite simple. You have two different ways to switch back to a personal Instagram account from a business account/ professional account on Instagram. This means:
- You can do this by visiting the Business section present in the Settings and Privacy part of your Instagram account.
- Or, you can do it by going to the Settings section on Instagram web.
Neither of these ways is going to take too much of your time. Oh, and if you don’t manage to turn off the professional mode even after following either of these ways, then I’ve shared some troubleshooting tips that you can follow to resolve the issue. So, don’t skip any of the sections below!
How To Turn Off Professional Mode On Instagram App?
If you use the Instagram app, just like most people do, then you can turn off the professional/ business mode by going to the Business section of your account. The steps mentioned below will guide you through the same. Also, please note that these steps are going to be the same for both Android and iOS devices:
- Once you open your Instagram app, head over to the profile section. For this, tap on the profile icon at your screen’s bottom right side.
- There, a hamburger icon is present at the top right side of the screen. Select it, and a menu will open.
- The menu will come with a variety of options present in it. Choose the “Settings and privacy” option located at the top of the menu.
- Now, in the Settings and privacy page, you will find the “For professionals” heading. Under this, the “Business tools and controls” option is present. Select it.
- The Business section has tons of options present in it. Scroll through the list. Towards the bottom, the “Switch account type” option is present. You need to select it.
- Upon doing so, a small menu will show up at the bottom of the screen. Select the “Switch to personal account” option.
- Next, a confirmation pop-up will appear on the screen, telling you what happens when you make this change.
- So, basically, when you turn off the professional/ business mode, you will not be able to access insights anymore. The insights your previous content on Instagram had will be permanently deleted, too.
- If this change isn’t an issue to you, then you can tap on the “Switch to personal account” option again.
And, done! You’ve successfully turned off the professional mode on your Instagram account! If you don’t see the change implemented on your account, then close the Instagram app and relaunch it.
How To Turn Off Professional Mode On Instagram Using Web Version?
Earlier, Instagram didn’t allow people to change their account type using the web version. But, now it does. So, if you’re someone who likes to use Instagram on their desktop, then you can make use of this method to turn off the professional mode. Here’s how the steps for the same look like:
- Go to the login page of Instagram using a web browser.
- Once there, enter your login information to access your account.
- After you’re logged in, click on the “More” option represented by a three line icon. It is situated at the bottom left side of the screen.
- When you do so, a small menu will appear there. Choose the “Settings” option from the menu at the top.
- Now, the Settings page will open on the screen, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
- In the vertical side bar towards the left of the section, the “Switch to personal account” option is present. Select it.
- Then, you will get to see a pop-up appear in the venter of the screen. The pop-up will be titled “Switch to a personal account?” and give you a brief about what will happen when you make the change.
- After you’ve read and understood the change that is going to take place, select the “Switch back” option located in red.
And, that’s it. You can reload the page to see the change you’ve made implemented.
Why Can’t I Switch Back From Professional To Personal Account?
It’s possible that even after following all the above-mentioned steps, you will not be able to switch back from professional to personal account. And well, this is nothing to worry about. You can resolve this issue using some simple troubleshooting steps. They are as follows:
- Disconnect your Instagram and Facebook accounts in case you’ve got them connected.
- If your Instagram app has pending updates, then install them first. Once that is done, relaunch the app and go through the steps again.
- Since you use a business account on Instagram, you might have ads and campaigns running. So, you first need to put an end to them to be able to make this switch.
- If your Instagram account is connected to the Creator Studio, then first disconnect the two and try again.
- It’s possible that Instagram itself could be having some technical issues. So, wait for 24 hours at least– that’s the time Instagram takes to resolve its issues. Once this is done, you can try switching your account type again.
Alright, everyone. We’ve reached the bottom of this article. And so, if you’ve made it till here, I hope you’ve understood how to turn off professional mode on Instagram. In this post, I walked you through both the ways that one can follow to make the switch. You’re free to follow whichever suits your needs the best. And in case you find yourself unable to switch your account type, then I have mentioned some troubleshooting hacks that will be of help!