Group messaging is one of the most amazing texting features these days, here’s how to add someone to group text on both iPhone and Android phones.
Group Texting or messaging pertains to the feature of sending SMS to your close contacts in one individual conversation. Nowadays, there are multiple messaging apps like Whatsapp, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, etc., if you wish to message your friends. However, SMS is the most common and easy way to connect to someone.
We have explained the various procedures you might need to know regarding group messages and how to add someone to a group text.
Add People To Group Text Messages
Other than adding someone to a group text, there are various other things that you need to know regarding the messaging app.
Here’s all the information you might require, like adding someone to a group text on iPhone and Android, removing people from a group text, adding more people to an existing group, etc.
How To Add Someone To Group Text On Android
Android is one of the most commonly used OS platforms other than iOS. The Android phones are usually high on providing various features to their consumers. There has always been an ongoing debate about whether Android is better than iOS. However, what if you wish to initiate a group text with someone on Android.
Here are the steps and how to add someone to group text in Android. If you wish to add a new contact to an already existing group conversation, these are the following steps that you need to take:
- Open the Message app, and open the message thread to that you wish to add a new contact.
- Click on the three dots situated in the top-right corner of the message thread.
- Choose the option to Add or Remove members.
- You can then choose the Contact name you wish to add in the Search by Name field, which will then proceed to auto-complete the search procedure and provide you with the contacts with said name.
- Select the Contact you wish to add, and they will be added to the already existing group conversation.
Alternatively, if you wish to create a new group text on your messaging app, then you can follow the following procedure on how to add someone to a group text on Android:
- Open the Message App.
- Click on the Plus icon, Compose or Start chat option in the app, said option is available in different places depending on the version of OS and brand of the phone.
- Once you open a new message thread, you can add the Contacts of as many people as you like in the To column.
- Once you add the required Contact names in the To field, type your message in the given text field.
- You can then send the text message, and it will initiate a group conversation with all the Contacts included in the To field.
You can also rename a group text message thread in the messaging app by clicking on the name of the message thread and editing it.
Also, Read | How To Get TikTok On Apple Watch? Find Out Here!
How To Add Someone To Group Text On iPhone
Just like adding people to a group text on Android, there is a specific procedure that you need to follow if you wish to add some to a group text on iPhone. Here’s how to add someone to a group text on iPhone if all the Contacts on the said conversation are using an iPhone:
- Open the Message app from the app menu.
- Select the conversation you wish to add a Contact to and tap to open the message thread.
- Tap on the Details or Info option present in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose the Add Contact option.
- Type the Contact name that you wish to add to the conversation in the Add: field.
- Tap on Done once you have added the Contact.
It is notable that if any member in the conversation is using an Android or another OS device, you will not be able to add more people to the existing conversation. If you wish to add someone later in the conversation, the only option is to recreate the whole group text again. Here’s how to create a new group text on iPhone.
- Open the Message app from the app menu.
- Back out from any existing conversation open in the messages app.
- Select the New Message icon present in the top right corner of the app.
- Start adding the contact names of people you wish to add to the conversation in the To: field.
- If you do not have the contact name saved in your phone, you can choose to type their phone number into the To: field.
- You can add the name of as many people as you like until all the intended recipients for the first message are added in the To: field.
- Type the message you wish to send in the group conversation in the text field provided at the bottom of the screen.
- Press send once you are done typing the message, and your Group message will be started.
Remove People From Group Text Message On iPhone.
If you wish to remove an existing group member from a message group, you can follow a few steps. However, if any contact in your group message has any other OS on their device other than iOS, you will not be able to update the Group messages.
You can check whether any member in your group is not an iOS user by the color of their messages. If a Contact has a blue message box, they are using iOS. If the message box is green in color, they are not using an iOS device, and you will not be able to update the group conversation. In such a case, you will have to delete the whole conversation and create a new group text. Here’s how you can remove people from a group text messages on your iPhone:
- Open the messaging app from the app menu.
- Go to the conversation from which you wish to remove a member.
- Click on the Details or Info icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Once you have access to the details of the conversation, you can swipe the Contact you wish to remove to the left.
- Once you swipe left on any Contact, you will be able to see the option to Remove that specific Contact.
- Tap on Remove to remove the Contact from the group conversation.
- Choose to confirm on the pop-up that appears.
We hope you know how to add someone to group text now, and we have successfully solved all queries regarding adding and removing contacts from a group conversation. Even though many other messaging options are available nowadays, the SMS option is still the original and most easily accessible method.
This was our take on how to add someone to group text on iPhone and Android and how to remove contacts from a group conversation. Do let us know what you would want us to cover next. Stay tuned with us for more of such informative and engaging reads.