Do you know how to make short videos for Instagram? Instagram has a lot of new features that allow users to record and edit videos within the app without seeking help from any other application. The social media app has started providing more and more features for creators so that they can easily create content for their followers without depending on a lot of video editing software.
The app Instagram initially had basic editing features for users to edit and upload their stories. However, after the introduction of Instagram Reels, users have more freedom and control over their videos. Now users can edit and clip videos on Reel editor and Story editor easily if they want to. So if you want to know how to make short videos for Instagram, you can look at the steps mentioned below.
We will be discussing how to make short videos for Instagram feed and stories so that you can create fun content for your followers. You can also find out how to draw on Instagram photos with the help of the IG story editor and how to unhide posts on Instagram easily.
How To Make Short Videos For Instagram?
If you do not know how to make short videos for Instagram you can check out the steps mentioned below. You might also want to know how to stop IG from cropping your photos and how to change thumbnails for Instagram videos.
So without any further delay, let’s take a look at these steps on how to make short videos for Instagram with the help of Reels and Story editor.
How To Make Short Videos For Instagram Through Reels!
If you are wondering how to make short videos for Instagram with the help of Instagram Reels, you can follow the steps mentioned below on how to make short videos for Instagram. We will be providing a step-by-step tutorial on how to create videos on Reels.
- Open Instagram, and tap on the Plus icon provided at the top of the Instagram home page.
- Tap on the Reel option to access the Instagram Reels editor.
- Tap on the Timer icon provided on the right side of the menu, and select the desired time. You will be able to take in a specific clip from your video if it is longer than your desired length.
- Once you have manually selected the time of your video, you can start recording.
- Record a video with the help of the camera.
- Once you have recorded the video, you can add Filters and Effects to your video.
- Now tap on the Music icon provided on the right side of the screen to add audio to your video.
- Once you have added an audio clip to your video, you can also add stickers to your Reel.
- You can edit the audio for your reel according to your preferences.
- After editing the Reel, you can now tap on Next and add a caption for your video.
- Once you are done with adding the caption, you can post the Reel to your account for your viewers.
How To Make Short Videos For Instagram Through IG Stories!
Now that you know how to make short videos for Instagram with the help of Instagram Reels. Let’s take a look at the steps mentioned below about how to make short videos for Instagram with the help of IG Stories. You must keep in mind that you can not edit videos completely on stories.
- Open Instagram and tap on the plus icon provided on the top right side of the screen.
- Select the Story option from the menu so that you can access the story editor on your Instagram.
- You can only record 15-second clips for one story, if your video is longer than that it will be split into more than one story.
- You can add filters to your camera before you start recording your video.
- Once you have found the perfect filter, start recording. To record a small video, do not let the red bar move around the camera icon to cross one rotation.
- Once you have recorded the video, you can add music with the help of the Music sticker.
- You can also add text, GIFs, and photos on top of your video with the help of various stickers.
- After editing the video, you can download it to your gallery if you want to use it later, or you can upload it to your story.
We have explained all the steps about how to make short videos for Instagram so that you can provide varied content for your viewers. If you want to learn how to post on IG from Google Photos or how to use saved audio on IG stories, you can check out more reads by us.
Besides that, you can also find reads on how to check who saved your IG posts to their collection and how to create an impressive bio for your Instagram account. You can stay tuned with us to ace your social media game and resolve all your Instagram queries.
Can someone see that I viewed their Instagram video if we are not friends?
No, Instagram does not notify creators when people watch their videos. Even if they check their Insights they will not be able to check who has viewed their videos and will only know the number of views for their videos. However, if you view someone’s story on Instagram they will be able to check who has seen their stories.
Does viewing my reel count?
No, if you watch your reel it will not be counted as a view. However, if someone else plays your reel on a loop then each loop will be counted as one view. Similarly, if someone shares your reel with their story, then all the views on their story will be counted as a view for your reel as well.
Can I upload a 3-minute video on Instagram?
Yes, you can upload a 3 minuted video on Instagram. Instagram allows users to upload videos ranging from 3 seconds to 10 minutes long. If you have uploaded a video up to 1 minute it will directly be converted to Reels, however, videos longer than that will be uploaded as video posts only. Longer videos also have previews on users’ feeds, and if they want to watch the whole video they will have to go to your profile to watch the full video.
Can someone tell if you look at their video on Instagram?
No, Users are not notified about who watches their content on Instagram. Creators can get insights into the number of views on their content but they can not see who has watched the content. If you interact with someone’s post then they will get notified.
How long do you have to watch an Instagram video for it to count as a view?
You need to watch a video for at least 3 seconds for it to count as a view. If you do not watch a video in its entirety even then it will be counted as a view. It is also notable that you can stop the autoplay of videos on Instagram if you do not want to start watching videos automatically, as it affects your feed algorithm.