Swipe left, swipe right! Have the same old Tinder shenanigans left you in trouble this time because you accidentally matched with a user? If that’s the case, then you must be looking for how to unmatch on Tinder because you don’t want to be a part of an awkward conversation.
Tinder is a great platform if you want to have some fun and meet new people. However, it can also be a pain if you make a wrong choice. To stop that from happening, you can always take a little help from the useful Tinder features and get yourself out of trouble easily.
How To Unmatch On Tinder? Let Them Go In 6 Simple Steps!
Matches are made in heaven, but some are also made on Tinder. The only difference is that the matches made in heaven cannot be broken, whereas anything can be done with the Tinder ones. You can take the match to the next step with a date or end everything with a swipe.
Steps For How To Unmatch On Tinder | Play & Slay!
- Launch the Tinder application on your device,
- Select the chat icon present at the bottom of the screen on the toolbar.
- Next, tap on the profile picture you want to unmatch from the list of individuals.
- If the individual isn’t visible on the list, you can search for them.
- Now, go to the chat window of the individual and then select the Shield icon present in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then select Unmatch from [name of the individual].
- Confirm your action by selecting the required option.
- Once you have unmatched, the individual will be removed from your chat page permanently.
- Not only the chat page but their profile will also be taken down from your Tinder feed.
Also, Read | Best Online Dating Apps For Android Users In 2022!
How To Know If Someone Unmatched You On Tinder? Find Who Ditched You!
With a population of over 60 million users on the popular dating platform, getting unmatched by someone will come as a great blow to your ego. However, you can’t go ahead and kill them, right? Maybe they didn’t like your bubble personality or were not receiving the vibes they were expecting. The reason behind unmatching someone on Tinder can be anything.
You need to follow no detailed guide to know if someone unmatched you on Tinder. Finding the culprit is rather simple and can be done in a few swipes. If you were talking to someone and their profile has suddenly disappeared from your feed and chat window, that’s a sign. It is the only way for you to know if someone unmatched you on Tinder.
You can try rebooting the app before holding a grudge against someone for unmatching because sometimes the profiles also disappear because of a glitch. Many users have complained that their matches have disappeared even though they haven’t been unmatched.
How To Fix The Tinder Glitch By Rebooting? Keep Calm Before The Storm!
Before going nuts against the person, try rebooting your application and check if their profile is missing from your feed. If the profile comes back, you can celebrate by going out with them, but if it does not, then prepare a revenge plan (just kidding, guys, don’t get serious).
Also, Read | Best Online Dating Apps For iOS Users In 2022!
- To begin with, turn off your device and let it rest for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, turn on your device and go to the main menu.
- Launch the Tinder application on your device and go to your Profile.
- Tap on your Profile Icon and then move to the Settings.
- Keep scrolling the list until you find the Logout option.
- Select Logout to remove your profile from the device.
- After a few minutes, login with your valid credentials and check your matches.
Note: If the above steps don’t work, you can try deleting the application from your device and then reinstalling it. After the application is installed, log in with your valid credentials and check if the problem persists. If you are facing the same issue again, you can try contacting the Tinder Help Center.
Unmatching someone is one of the most used features on the popular dating platform because it makes things easier for users. Instead of blocking someone, you can simply unmatch and let them know that you aren’t interested in having any conversation with them anymore.